Wider rear rim on later models?

sp838

It has five spokes instead of three, but the style matches well with the three spoked front wheel. (they also make a V11 specific front wheel if you want a matching set). I requested silver paint for my '01 Sport Naked silver and it matches beautifully. Paint quality is excellent, they have a few other colors to choose from.

Marvic part number is GU04P. The wheel comes assembled and ready to install, with bearings, captive spacer, and includes a billet machined rotor carrier that fits our stock rear rotor, as well as the spline drive (which is from the MGS01 Corsa).

Call/email Fred Renz at Yoyodyne, he has a direct relationship with the factory in Italy. He is super helpful and patient, if a little laconic in his communications. But very honest and fair.

I seem to recall knowing Fred @ Yoyodyne years ago when we were racing as Gotham Racing. We bought more than a little titanium bits from him as I recall.

Seemed like a good guy.

Yep, in either '02 or '01 they changed the rear rubber from 170x60/ZR17 to 180x55/ZR17 and added 21mm to the wheelbase.

So... Here are the numbers and they are amazing.

New wheel, with spline drive and captive spacer and rotor mount, no rotor -- 12.5 lbs / 5.7 kg

Old wheel, with spline drive and spacer, no rotor -- 21.5 lbs / 9.75 kg !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

that IS amazing. not so much the weight of the new one, but of the oem! it looks gorgeous.  cost is probably prohibitive for me as I'm not racin'. I think it might make you yearn for the front.

Already have the front taken care of, when I swapped the entire front end for an 09 GSXR 750 ;)