Tank Protector/Chin Pad

cash1000

Hi

I'm trying to fit a Givi tanklock tankpag but because of the height of the tank Protector (The black foam piece on top of early V11  fuel tank's) the ring can't be fixed to the fuel cap. Choice is either space the ring up above the height of the tank protector or replace tank protector with something lower. Can you get a replacement for the tank protector? I see elsewhere here and on Harpers website that you can get a carbonfibre one. But I can't find a picture of one. Any suggestions?

My Scura came with a carbon fiber part instead of a tank pad. I would not want to put anything heavy on it.

Maybe you could find a used tank pad and cut it down so it's flush for the times you use the bag. An upholstery shop could probably do that and make it look good too - like shaving a seat down and recovering it.

• 3 weeks later...

Got Givi Tanklock tank bag fitted. Because locking ring on tank sat below the level of the Tank Protector/Chin Pad I used longer screws and plain washer to raise the ring higher. Also found the bag sat to far back on tank. When riding bag press's against my chest. I'm 6'3" with long arms so anyone shorter would not be able to use bag like this. I've used 2 plastic chopping boards cut to fit, painted black and screwed to base of bag to shift bag further forward on tank. Its not a work of art but it works. Photos attached.

20160319_173337_resized_1.jpg

20160402_162924_resized.jpg

20160402_162724_resized.jpg

20160402_162854_resized.jpg

20160319_173503_resized.jpg