Running hot- lean, Lambda, Guzzidiag?

stewgnu

The mivv silencers i've fitted have resulted in seemingly quite a lot of engine heat.

There is a mistral crossover, with lambda, installed too- could this be a problem?

I've just got the necessary cables thru from lonelec but to say electrics isn't my strong point is an understatement. I've looked at the info available for guzzidiag etc and it may as well be written in Greek, Swahili, Double Dutch etc etc.

Could someone be kind enough to point me in right direction and tell me "It'll be ok son, don't you worry."

Big Ta

Well tbh I'm just concerned for the bike. Although she is running quite well at the mo, the bike seems to be putting out more heat than before. Only change I've made is to install new silencers. I wondered if the lambda, or summat else, was interfering somehow.

It was suggested that i get the vag cable and 'do the guzzidiag'. But this is all new territory for me.

Stew,

Guzzidiag is pretty straightforward once you have the correct cables. I would consider getting the TPS breakout harness to baseline the TPS and perform the "Decent Tune Up."

It would be notable if Guzzidiag shows that your CO Fuel Trim in the negative double digits as are most V11. And, as Czakky has said, Guzzidiag will also tell you your engine temperature so you can decide if it is really getting too hot.

I always try and keep a fan blowing over the front of the motor when running it any length of time on the stand.

Giving this some further thought, Czakky and I have talked about a dedicated guzzidiag thread as a V11 tutorial. I'll get this on my list of more-things-to-do. While it is "straight-forward," it is not exactly "intuitive." The existing guzzidiag thread is more developmental than tutorial - just too much to wade through for the basic information and use.

Nothing "wrong" with going to Wildguzzi, but we should be able to pin a concise guzzidiag tutorial specific to the V11. I will need some help on the Lambda equipped V11 as mine is not . . .

I'll have to get the step-by-step screenshots uploaded to my gallery and so on. :luigi::nerd:

• Like 2

Ok, work in process . . . . :nerd:

(Just to be clear(ish), I'm not the expert on this software interface business; just trying to get a single, concise reference thread together.)