Electrosport 515 Regulator

Scud

Wondering if I should install this, since I've got the stock one out. I'm not having any problems (just had to disconnect it to get the engine out for clutch replacement).

I thought I read that this was an improvement over the stock unit, but I can't seem to find that thread again (maybe it was on wildguzzi). Although I did find some threads about problems with the 510 unit. So... does anybody have experience with the 515? If it's better, can you explain why? Should I put it in - or just keep running the Ducati (OEM) regulator?

IMG_5420.jpg

Plugs and wire colors are identical.

I have an Electrosport one as well and have not fitted it due to the std one now charging fine after I sorted the voltage drop issue. Cant see any advantage in it so its a spare for when the inevitable occurs.

Ciao 

Thanks guys. I bought it a while ago as a spare - so it can go back in the box. I am going to run an extra ground wire to the engine case.

Tim are you going to re-install it in its original location under the oil cooler or re-locate it, possibly under the battery/tool tray?  I checked on my bike again and looks like there is plenty of room between the underside of the tray and above the tire/fender, and still get plenty of air flow.  Seems like it would be much easier now with all the plastic off and engine out.  Just thought I would plant the seed....busy hands are happy hands!  :-D

Jerry

I'm inclined to put it back in the stock location, unless there is some advantage to relocating it. As you mentioned, this would be the time to do it - in fact this is the time for almost any other project - since it's stripped down to the frame, forks, and wires.

I am still considering re-locating my reg/rec just to clean things up.  My bike has the oil cooler, reg/rec AND fuel pump all stuff up in the front of the bike.  And the Reg/rec. sits partially over the timing cover.  Drives me crazy everytime I look at it!

Ha - that's a lot of wiring for aesthetics. I think I'm going to spray it with a little flat black :ninja:  - my busy hands are happy enough already.  :D

Drives me crazy everytime I look at it!

At least we know what's causing it . . . :blink:

Some people are crazy and no one knows why . . .

Good point.. :grin:

Well... since I have the Electrosport as a backup, I have another available for somebody else. It was from my parts bike (which crashed). The bottom fin is broken - but I did get the bike running before I stripped it, so I think the regulator still functions - and would make a good emergency backup for somebody's garage. Free to good home (just pay shipping). Whoever wants it: Claim it here - or send me a PM.