2016 Moto Guzzi Rally of NZ

nudemetalz

Also known as the "Tattley Rappet" Rally

This was held in 22nd-24th October , what we call here in New Zealand ..Labour Weekend

Great turn out, with 6 V11s present.

Approx 40 Moto Guzzis there with the older ones outnumbering the post 1999 ones

Was a great weekend !!!

Here's a few pictures

V11_4a_zps1d0mzan5.jpg

V11_5_zpsqyboq5mo.jpg

V11_6_zpsqaznt8bp.jpg

V11_7_zps7jtsrsea.jpg

V11_3a_zpsjfugykhe.jpg

V11_2a_zpsxgrwqohx.jpg

V11_1_zpswvhhcdeh.jpg

V11_8_zpsnrcfcu9d.jpg

V11_9_zpssqkxuxiw.jpg

........And myself chasing a Cali 1400 through from Martinborough to Masterton.... GoPro 4 attached to the RHS forkleg

• Like 3

Sixteen seconds into the ride video, a truck passes on the *unexpected* side of the road startling the per-jeebers out of all the Yanks! :o

if I can get the rallye, I should ride around in a cab . . .

• Like 1

Docc-glad to see I wasnt the only one that was ready to take evasive action soon as I saw that truck coming "in the wrong lane!".     

We visited friends in England a few years ago. Fortunately, they picked us up at the train station. When we went around the first round about in the wrong lane, I just closed my eyes.  :)  After fully a week of riding around with them, John asked me if I wanted to "have a go" with his motorbike.. I said yes. If you've never driven on the "wrong side" of the road, it takes a little acclimatization. 

I noticed sections of the road with no center line. In this part of the world that means, "Drive In The Middle." <_>

Love the pictures of the line of SpineFrames! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My former wife is a Brit. We went to Jolly Old several times. Once, my father in law, who lived in the US but was a native Brit, imported one of his American cars, to England, and we went out for a spin. It was a left hand drive TR7, and that twisted calculation confused him enough to choose the right lane for a few hundred yards. Until oncoming cars set him straight. "I couldn't make out where the hell I was!" Very scary. Glad it was him that did it. Always good when yer father in law screws up.

The trick to remember is that the 'car' driver in whatever country, is seated near the center line of the road. It was a hoot to drive there, especially the countryside. 

Now, a motorcycle .... different story. That would take some learnin' :bike: especially with all those country pubs, and every freakin one of them full of irresistible ales!   dang, let's GO! :drink:    Spine Raid UK!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...