TPS for Dummies

swooshdave

Looks like I was a half hour too late.  :whistle: well, really.. the breakout harness is much more elegant. I wish I had one.. but 30 dollars? I could buy a used tire for that. (snapping suspenders)

:)

That and a hundred will get you a front tire these days.  :ninja:

Looks like I was a half hour too late.  :whistle: well, really.. the breakout harness is much more elegant. I wish I had one.. but 30 dollars? I could buy a used tire for that. (snapping suspenders)

:)

That and a hundred will get you a front tire these days.  :ninja:

You worry me Chuck . . .  I hope you take those suspenders off when you get around the aircraft. :huh:

You worry me Chuck . . .  I hope you take those suspenders off when you get around the aircraft. :huh:

He takes them off and uses them to secure parts to the fuselage. Like big Rok Straps!  :ninja:

Now you can see if I ever update this thread I'll need to edit the first post because of all the noise that follows.  :homer:

I actually got an extra TPS Breakout Harness to "send around," but I'm afraid it's stuck for now.

After all, if this setting gets done right, it will stay right for a long, long time.

Again, it's one of the Four Mainliest Things to get done on a V11.

Changing the TPS fasteners to standard hex drives simplifies the process (4mm/0.7 thread pitch x 17mm long)

Dave, my local OSH had 4mm/0.7 thread pitch x 15mm long in stock and they work fine. This way you can use an allen wrench which makes it a lot easier. You'll be surprised how sensitive the adjustment is. You can just barely nudge the TPS and it will move 3-4 MV either way. And yes, I got the Casper's cable. This is an adjustment you'll have to making for the life of the bike.

• Like 1

Changing the TPS fasteners to standard hex drives simplifies the process (4mm/0.7 thread pitch x 17mm long)

Dave, my local OSH had 4mm/0.7 thread pitch x 15mm long in stock and they work fine. This way you can use an allen wrench which makes it a lot easier. You'll be surprised how sensitive the adjustment is. You can just barely nudge the TPS and it will move 3-4 MV either way. And yes, I got the Casper's cable. This is an adjustment you'll have to making for the life of the bike.

The Casper cable shipped today. I should see it this week.

I have a lot of Torx bits, I'll need to see if any of them fit. Up here I go to Tacoma Screw. There are probably places that are closer but they don't care if you buy 1000 washers or one. Plus they are up in NE Portland and not far from the Guzzi dealer...

7f5eba01f9f103c431ff734d1031ca59.jpg

Two days to get here. Not bad. As soon as the kids are in bed I can plug it in. It looks like someone jammed an Allen wrench into the Torx screw. I need to be careful and get those out and replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just cut the wire near the ECU and put in a M/Fm spade connector. A while back I figured I would try changing the Voltage while riding to see what effect it had on a wide band fuel sensor.

Sent from my shoe phone!

Ok, a lot of documentation coming. But in the meantime I can't adjust the CO Trim. It's at 33 and despite following the steps, setting it to zero, when I open Guzzidiag back up its back to 33. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not saving your changes perhaps, I don't know the software but that catches me all the time with other packages.

Sent from my shoe phone!

Dave, now you've got me wondering. I set mine at zero using a Windows 10 laptop but never actually went back to the full Guzzidaig window to see if it stuck. Don't remember seeing a "save" button either. I'll take a look over the weekend and let you know.

Cheers, John

PS Had a discount coupon so I picked that HF wheel chock you mentioned when you were here. Works good and fits both bikes. Thanks!

Dave, now you've got me wondering. I set mine at zero using a Windows 10 laptop but never actually went back to the full Guzzidaig window to see if it stuck. Don't remember seeing a "save" button either. I'll take a look over the weekend and let you know.

Cheers, John

PS Had a discount coupon so I picked that HF wheel chock you mentioned when you were here. Works good and fits both bikes. Thanks!

There is no save button.

Need a picture after you install the wheel chock. It really holds the bikes well, but I still use straps especially when lifting.