Guzzi returns to Moto GP at COTA

PJPR01

A fantastic day to ride up and watch the Moto GP race at COTA in Austin.  Easy 300 miler round trip door to door on the Scura...nice and crisp ride up and super pleasant on the way back.  Met up with another Guzzi friend there to watch the race and saw a few others in the parking lots.  Had a great ride back with my buddy Tom on his Stelvio.  Tons of great bikes, fantastic atmosphere, perfect day for a ride and the King of COTA ran away with a 5th straight title...Marquez is just amazing.  Was right on the corner watching where Rossi finally passed Pedrosa to take over 2nd, the crowd went wild!  Lots of 93 and 46 fans as you might imagine!

A few shots along the way - here's hoping for another few weeks of great riding weather before the humidity kicks in!  Bike averaged about 32 mpg round trip...feels a bit low, so it's time to connect up to GuzziDiag and check the settings, but it ran like a champ...smooth and silky all the way regardless of gear or speed.

First stop...some Limoncello flavored Gatorade...who knew it came in such a delicious flavor!

IMG_3237_zpsuxwmv2ir.jpg

Next stop:  Backroads to the COTA:

FullSizeRender_zpsld31llar.jpg

A sea of bikes - lots of interesting varieties everywhere!

IMG_3240_zpsimtihjpa.jpg

Turn 15 - probably the best spot is turn 15 to watch the race (saw the Moto 2 races here)...here comes the snake of riders!

IMG_3246_zpszasqrcaf.jpg

Best view in town - from the top of the tower:

FullSizeRender1_zpsct2rvegg.jpg

The famous Ducati Island - Marquez and Pedrosa on the big screen

IMG_3251_zps2umq5cg3.jpg

• Like 1

I like turn 1 best but they never opened the stands to Gen Adm during practice when I was there.  So it was difficult to figure where it's best to buy a seat.   And then cheapskates didn't allow for folks to bring picnics and coolers, unheard of for any roadcourse.   Pretty ridiculous when they took a 5 year old's PB&J and made my brother pour out his water bottle.

Great track, run by jerks.  That and the 93 rider have influenced me to forgo the place the last couple of years. 

You would have enjoyed seeing Rossi battle it out all day John...was a great day at the track.  Sorry you had a bad experience, but that shouldn't deter you from trying again...

saw it on TV ....  now if 93 had lost, I'd have regretting not going.  But since he's won every race, it just doesn't have the appeal.   :bbblll:

But 46 did run good.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1