Stopped by the hardware store this evening & in the parking lot was a Bimota DB4. I've never seen one in the flesh & while I hopefully waited for the owner to appear I looked it over. Just loved the lines, the lack of clutter. The frame was purposeful looking. The welds beautifully executed. The wheels looked light with massive amounts of rubber. The suspension had an Ohlins on the rear & Pasoli (?) forks.

The bike looked like it would be alot of fun to ride & learn how to get the best out of it. Judging by the 16 years of stickers on the plate, that's pretty much what this owner did. 

The owner never came out so I didn't get to hear it run. :mellow:

Bimota DB4.jpg

I owned a DB1 at one point. It was so small and compact that whilst riding you actually had no view of the bike at all, it was like scooting along a few feet off the ground suspended in mid air. Interesting experience for a 6'2'' person.

I have also owned a BM R1100S, quite a good thing. At the time I was very much a sports bike guy and it wasn't sporty enough for me, but now I think i'd actually like it more.   

Ciao

I owned a DB1 at one point. It was so small and compact that whilst riding you actually had no view of the bike at all, it was like scooting along a few feet off the ground suspended in mid air

Thats what I thought about the DB4 i saw; it looked like it had been pared down to just what was needed