LED Instrument Lights

swooshdave

I did this on my Triumph too. And the 850-T. Red instrument lights. I like the red at night as it's less distracting yes still very visible.

7bba21bf0e0455e7a628d28bda7f61bd.jpg

Before.

de02d5fc6597f3d7aa8e1bcc910289a8.jpg

Testing the fit. When I replaced the lights on my 850-T the LEDs were too big. These fit perfectly. When I turned on the ignition... nothing. I tried several bulbs. Cheap eBay crap. Oh, wait, maybe these ground through the bulb holder...

87b2302076c273b0264d974d8e8fa695.jpg

Success!

d98595ee5a31a5daea1466803994fd3f.jpg

Before AND after.

efb64ce43e1c8318d6801e55c472490e.jpg

df880562cddf42f97c2b5e9e6928aa67.jpg

After.

1f950370cf9d520adb06dcd08c1cf17a.jpg

If anyone wants to try these let me know. PM me your address and I'll send you a pair.

It's only a couple bucks for a bag of them so if you want to fit your stable (ahem, Scud...) here's the eBay link. They ship out of CA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252512833007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dave, I just joined this site. I'm new to the site and Moto Guzzi's. I'm quickly learning a lot. I just read your post with the red dash lights and I'm interested in trying it on my EV11. 

However in looking at your pictures, I have an additional questions. I realized after buying my bike (1998, 49,000 miles) the low fuel light doesn't work. Obviously that makes me nervous with a fuel injected bike and no reserve as I've been used to. I got a new bulb and replaced it, but nothing. I still doesn't work. Now, I've seen the same thing on your dashboard. Am I to understand that even though the others lite up (oil lite and charging lite) with the key on, but no motor running that the low fuel lite is okay? Does it only come on when the fuel is actually low? Or since mine is not on with the other idiot sites, that I do in fact have a problem?

Thanks 

Jack

Welcome, Jack. The low fuel light is triggered by a thermistor in the tank. It changes resistance as it gets warmer from being covered with less fuel, so the fuel light barely begins to glow until as the fuel gets lower it will be at full brightness.

Sounds good, right?

Unfortunately, the electric petcock has the same connector, and if they are hooked up backwards and the fuel is low, the thermistor burns up. Not good.  :homer: There is a yellow stripe on the matching pair, but it many times goes unnoticed. 

To test the light, jumper the two pins with the ignition switch on. The light should work. To test the thermistor, check ohms between the two pins. I don't remember the value.. I'm old.. but if it's either shorted or open, it's toast. They're not cheap, but should be ok unless someone has reversed the leads.