whats with the rosso mandello clutch (help!)

dangerous dave

Scud, you're like Santa and the fairy godmother rolled into one. I'd jump at Scud's offer. I waited ages to get hold of a second hand flywheel and pressure plate.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Yeah, the stuff is hard to come by. I originally bought a wrecked bike to be sure I would have a complete twin-plate clutch while waiting to see if the RAM 6-speed would become available for my Scura. I think I waited over a year for that while I rode on the original Scura clutch/flywheel. Took a quick 1 mile (elevation) ride today on the Scura before breakfast. Love that light RAM clutch pull in the mountains...  :ninja:  :race:

Anyway, I offered Dangerous Dave (via PM) what I believe to be a fair or below market price for the kit.

And Dave - I found 5 lighter clutch springs. So you just need flywheel bolts/washers. You can re-use the input hub's star-washer if you don't bend the same retaining tab that was previously bent (but I would use a new one).

sounds like a tool box falling down the stairs when in neutral, two dealers have commented on the noise, one being a guzzi agent, and the other my bike mechanic of 30 years (now recovering from a heart attack so wont be working again for a while)

This, by the way, is "normal" for the rare single-plate clutch. If the noise stops when you pull the clutch in, you have the original, single-plate clutch. A "normal" Guzzi twin-plate clutch makes a ching-ching noise when the lever is pulled in, but is quiet with the lever out.

Which is why the older single plate bike don't rattle with clutch lever is in. No second plate to rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok scud ill show this to my mechanic asap (its mayday bank holliday here everything closed up) and due to my work ill take a few days to consider many thanks to you,and thanks for all your input from all you helpful guzzi riders, it has cleared a few things up in my brain, and i dont like the idea of a flying apart flywheel :(