Help I.D. this wire

footgoose

After removing the motor, I'm getting her back together and came across something I missed in my notes, photos and memory. It comes from the harness under center frame, and has a very short lead. I can Not find where the heck it goes. Anyone?

IMG_0199.JPG

After removing the motor, I'm getting her back together and came across something I missed in my notes, photos and memory. It comes from the harness under center frame, and has a very short lead. I can Not find where the heck it goes. Anyone?

Is it for the intake air temp sensor on the airbox?

Is it for the intake air temp sensor on the airbox?

Yeppers! Marty makes 10 points. :thumbsup:

Doesnt that plug into the flux gate capacitor?

what is That?

the connector (other end) is indeed the air temp sensor on the airbox. I hadn't got that far in re-assembly and was freaking out. :blush: Patience..

what is That?
Footgoose, don't worry about the Flux Capacitor that JRD mentioned. You only need that optional accessory if you plan on time travelling. It enables you go "Back to the Future". ;)

Since you had to ask, it is apparent that you shouldn't attempt time travel yourself, without first talking to JRD. :oldgit: Disrupting space-time is serious stuff.

Of course there are some cynical critics who say that riding a Guzzi is like a step back in time, so it may be that this undocumented feature is not as secret as I thought.

Perhaps accounts of Guzzi time travel are just gossip started by 4cyl Jap bike riders to ward off the (sometimes fatal) boredom those guys suffer from.

...or is it gossip? Time travel seems to me to be the only plausible explanation for how Scud reached 183 MPH on his bike before he even got it out of the garage. :huh:

GPS doesn't lie... http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19038&page=13&do=findComment&comment=221768

• Like 2

I've been had :doh:

I haven't seen the movie, but I do however, recall the first time I saw a Delorean. It was a summer night in '81. Hitting the bars in Broad Ripple, an area in Indianapolis that's as close to Bohemian as it gets here. Turned a corner and WoW! I had a bit of a buzz going when I saw the car. Bear in mind I did not know they existed. He was just ahead of me. I got into the oncoming lane and pulled up along side. With a big smile on my face I shouted "what the hell is that?" He said something indistinguishable and I yelled "you gotta pull that thing over." He actually did! He was quite happy to tell me everything about the car. Man was I impressed. A car that didn't rust, and looked like science fiction. I was sad and not at all surprised at the quick demise of that company. "Detroit" had to kill it.

• Like 1

As it is topical, I was out on a +350 mile sortie Sunday week back. The air intake sensor mode I have employed, as I am now air boxless, work well. The only issue noted was the copper intake vibrating on the underside of the tank. I have resolved this by deploying a clutch grip over the intake.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk