Ghezzi & Brian Super Twin details at Barber

swooshdave

For anyone so inclined.........Airtech Streamlining makes replica Ghezzi & Brian fairings and one piece tank/seat/rear cowl assemblies at very reasonable prices too! :whistle:

For anyone so inclined.........Airtech Streamlining makes replica Ghezzi & Brian fairings and one piece tank/seat/rear cowl assemblies at very reasonable prices too! :whistle:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/guzzi/ghezzibrian.htm

Rough math has it at $625? Then you would have to get it painted and build the framework to mount it. And seat upholstered. Totally worth it! Now I just need to find a rough V11 or 1100i...

MOTOGB1~1.jpg

MOTOGB2~1.jpg

(scratching head)I wonder how they carved 75 ! pounds off of it.

Lighter frame, wheels, bodywork... shall I go on?

No foot bail on the side stand, no eagle badge on the alternator cover . . .

"Take care of the ounces . . . ."  ;)

Wish I could photo play just to see what a v-11 Sport or LeMans would look like with a stock tank and seat with the Ghezzi fairing.  

Even just putting the fairing on would take some mad fab skills. There would be a fairing bracket to hold the lights and mirrors and support the front of the fairing.  Could start with a LeMans piece and cut and weld.  Then, where would you source that headlight from.  Probably G&B used an off the shelf Japanese or Ducati unit, but you'd have to find out what it was.  Maybe a few more brackets from the frame to the sides. Etc, etc.

Even just putting the fairing on would take some mad fab skills. There would be a fairing bracket to hold the lights and mirrors and support the front of the fairing.  Could start with a LeMans piece and cut and weld.  Then, where would you source that headlight from.  Probably G&B used an off the shelf Japanese or Ducati unit, but you'd have to find out what it was.  Maybe a few more brackets from the frame to the sides. Etc, etc.

Oh, it would be an adventurer, but if you were handy with a welder or knew someone who was...

Wish I could photo play just to see what a v-11 Sport or LeMans would look like with a stock tank and seat with the Ghezzi fairing.  

That is the only way you would get it to fit. The fairing just wouldn't go with the stock tank. At all.

Oh, I hadn't seen it in red before. I may need to lay down.

122_0012_01_z%2BGhezzi-Brian_supertwin_1

The Supertwin uses the five-speed gearbox from the California instead of the V11's more modern six-speed box because Guzzi originally refused to supply the new unit. Mandello bosses recently had a change of heart, Giuseppe says, but by then it was too late because the reshaped six-speed transmission would not fit in the Supertwin's frame.