Parts Catalogue images

docc

docc, I just checked, and yes you are right about that. I hadn’t even realized that was how it worked. I am a long way from using up my allotted space, but I am pretty new here and a very very long way from the contributions and content offered by you and the other sage members here. I think I understand the issue better now. 

• Thanks 1

Is there, or could there be, an on-site linkable and even searchable archive to house community helpful documents like parts caltalogs, service manuals, etc.? Someway to put the materials in a common space that doesn’t use individual members’ “attachments” space?

4 hours ago, Kane said:

Is there, or could there be, an on-site linkable and even searchable archive to house community helpful documents like parts caltalogs, service manuals, etc.? Someway to put the materials in a common space that doesn’t use individual members’ “attachments” space?

That's a good question, and concept. Yet, decidedly out of my paygrade.

I have tried to pin valuable reference topics for easier finding, but that does not really address what you have asked.

For a long time, I would make sure any of my technical images were saved locally to the site (which is what ate my allotment). Once PhotoBlockit pulled their (first) stunt and our member v7cafe built imgzeit, I try to host everything there. I know I can trust it (and the developer!  :sun:).

Using the "Copy Image Location" is ideal when it is available. One of the members (po18guy) called this "hotlinking" and some sites block it. It is also not unusual for a hotlinked image to go dead and need to be restored.

Thanks for the interest and discussion! No question, having a ready image, especially from the parts catalog, is so helpful to making sure thread contributors are "on the same page" and able to solve the issues that come up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1