An easy way to lower your footpegs

milar

On 7/22/2020 at 6:47 PM, milar said:

Sorry, but I don't recall the bolt size.  You might have to do a bit of trial and error to find the right size.

There is a washer between the lever and the foot peg to prevent binding.

Mike

The bolt size is Flat Socket Head Screw A2 SS - M10 x 1.50 x 80M. I think you'll also need a spacer -- 10mm ID, 15mm OD, 20mm long. Can find one, still looking. 

• Thanks 1

Finished lowering the pegs as milar outlined above. The increased leg room is perfect. I had a little trouble getting the brake pedal to move freely while holding the peg tight, but worked it out with the addition of a nut right up against the peg mount. I ordered and received spacers to fill out the inner diameter of the brake pedal. They fit over the M10 bolt and very nearly (maybe 1mm shy, a little play) make up the gap. 

The only drawback of the new arrangement is shifting up, as the shifter lever is too high and I can't shift without removing my foot from the peg (a lot of false neutrals). Is the shifter angle adjustable? 

I'm happy to send you my extra hardware (two extra long M10 bolts for the right side, plus nine sets of spacers. PM me with your mailing address, no charge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bridge said:

Finished lowering the pegs as milar outlined above. The increased leg room is perfect. I had a little trouble getting the brake pedal to move freely while holding the peg tight, but worked it out with the addition of a nut right up against the peg mount. I ordered and received spacers to fill out the inner diameter of the brake pedal. They fit over the M10 bolt and very nearly (maybe 1mm shy, a little play) make up the gap. 

The only drawback of the new arrangement is shifting up, as the shifter lever is too high and I can't shift without removing my foot from the peg (a lot of false neutrals). Is the shifter angle adjustable? 

I'm happy to send you my extra hardware (two extra long M10 bolts for the right side, plus nine sets of spacers. PM me with your mailing address, no charge. 

one of these might help on your lever ... https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-long-eccentric-folding-toe-peg

I'm re-doing my levers now and will be using them to prevent tip over breakage. A smaller throw version ... https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-eccentric-folding-toe-piece?gclid=CjwKCAjw34n5BRA9EiwA2u9k36im21wCZJelA3hYzQLDuxIe-jU8gh_-qby3Al5p_mj5a4937rRutBoC9n0QAvD_BwE

woodcraft_eccentric_folding_toe_piece_75

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I ended up buying a lower kit from Ebay and had the same issue about the pigeon toe shifting.  So, though not the best solution, it seems to work.  I got a M6 coupler and a longer M6 bolt and threaded it for each side. IMG_1872 (1).jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

• Like 1