V11 2002 Wiring Diagrams by Stewgnu

docc

On 11/8/2022 at 4:21 PM, docc said:

I just edited the year model of this schematic to 2002, specifically, after noticing the "Battery Warning Light" that is not present on later V11 with left and right turn indicators. Yet, the 2002 wiring differs from the earlier Sports (1999-2001) as to how the start circuit is diverted from Relay#1 to the Ignition Switch.

…dealing with this now, as I'm replacing my panel lights with LEDs, the OEM sockets were touch and go. After cutting them all off, I THEN noticed the schematic is not reflective of my bike. After a quick forum search, I find this @docc schematic, and accurate too! Thank you!

Kudos also to Carl Allison, nicely built schematic as well, allowing me to zoom in.

The factory manual schematic, in comparison is poorly labeled, confusing, and not in english. I would have been lost. Thank you again Carl and docc! 

Instrument bulb harness color key

HIGH BEAM: brown +, black -

OIL: red black +, blue black -

NEUTRAL: white +, violet -

FUEL: red black +, yellow white -

BATTERY: red black +, light blue -

TURN: green black +, pink –

Can anyone confirm please? If not, I'll start poking each wire to see what lights, lol

I should explain further. I removed each light socket, marked each before doing so. Then afterward realized the pen I used wiped off the masking tape while working with the harness. I then proceeded to remove the now unless tape and inadvertently also slid off the tiny zip ties that contained two wires, per socket. I now have all of these wires, unclear what one is positive, what one is negative, and what two belong together. The above is what I have concluded thus far. I'll figure it out, then post to the thread if no one else has ever recorded these facts.

• Like 1

So , which diagram ended up compatable to your bike ? 

Now , print and enlarge this diagram as large as possible and laminate it for you and posterity . Get you some erasable markers in variable colors . You will understand why .  

Now , go over this until you can draw it from memory  ! I am beginning to think each wiring harness/diagram is exclusive to each motorcycle ?

• Like 1

this is accurate for my 2003 "carryover" V11 Sport, with a single turn signal light.Thank you @docc

A3EAE9D4-EB83-47A6-B945-24AC9B39CD3B.png

As for dash light wiring, this is now confirmed to be correct:

Instrument bulb harness color key

HIGH BEAM: brown +, black -

OIL: red black +, blue black -

NEUTRAL: white +, violet -

FUEL: red black +, yellow white -

BATTERY: red black +, light blue -

TURN: green black +, pink –

[docc edit to clarify 2003 "carryover" V11]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 5 months later...

Well here is a head scratcher.  The fuses on my 02 LeMans are opposite of the diagram.  #8, the spare fuse is at the back of the bike(block) and the ECU #1 is towards the front.

I have power to both fuses for the day and headlights and also the blue wire going into relay #2 but with the test light grounded at the frame, No power on any of the other wires at relay#2.

I have replaced all the relays and fuses trying to track down this problem.  Day time driving light, tail lamp, turn signals, but no headlamp, brake light or horn.  in the process of checking the main harness plugs now.  do I need to disassemble the ignition switch next?

Your fuse block is correct. The diagram is simply not oriented as if on the bike.

Let's direct replies about this specific problem to its dedicated thread: