V11 Recall Work

MotoG5

Hello All,

I retreved my 01 V11S from the dealer yesterday. A long trip for me at around 620 miles round trip. The bike seems to run about the same as before. Shifting may be a little smoother but it was not bad to strat with. The dealer said that he found no problems with the trany when it was opened up. The good news was that there were no internal leaks in the bellhousing area and the clutch looked great at 10k on the clock. All in all a lot of fuss for little diffrence but its done now. Really great to have the bike back.

RR

Ditto. I got mine back from the dealer last night. Maybe shifts a little easier, maybe a little less driveline lash, but I'm not sure yet. Damn, but that bike sounded good when I first started it! :wub:

J

• 3 weeks later...

Couple issues I can think of:

1. The Guzzi 6-speed gearbox probably isn't something you want to muss with unless you are familiar with it. I believe it's rather "non-typical".

2. This is the big one - PARTS. Right now, authorized dealers are lucky if they can get their hands on the needed parts. The odds that your independant guy can get the parts are very, very slim methinks.

I would say that the biggest problem with an independant doing the work is his lack of Luigi's brothers special tools.

Anyone can disassemble the parts from the casing. 2 of the flexible sleeves are easily replaced....the spacer and cush unit reqiure the special tool and I personally would hate to try the job with out it :luigi: good luck :mg:

andy

2. This is the big one - PARTS. Right now, authorized dealers are lucky if they can get their hands on the needed parts. The odds that your independant guy can get the parts are very, very slim methinks.

My parts took over three months.

Bike went into the shop late Saturday.

They are going to do some other work and are very busy so, it should take about two weeks to complete.

Will let you know of the success.

It was occassionally missing upshifts to third gear.

Some days were good and some were NOT.

I'm currently currying up thetools I think I need for the six speed overhaul from Mario, who will probably get them quicker and cheaper that me trying to get them from Mr. "How did you get this telephone number???" The supposed tech advisor at the local importer. (Note. I don't know the bloke, but if someone *has* got your phone number and you are supposed to be the 'Big Ears' on what the @#!#$# is happening that wouldn't be my first response to an enquiry :angry: )

Why would I want to get some special tools for a job I don't have to do on a bike the importer won't give me parts for???? #@$&@#@ if I know really???? Interest? Love of the marque? Don't ask me, I'm obviously mad.

As for warranty? Any qualified mechanic can do the work in NSW and not invalidate your warranty. The problem is that the factory/importer won't pay them or supply them with parts to do the job. Since it's a warranty job so they control the (Dubious.) parts supply you are, I'm afraid, stuck with Gecko or whoever the mob are in Shitney.

All I can say is that the first person to bring me their six speed box *after* it has been done by whoever will get a free strip and inspect and the only thing you pay is for any bits that have been bolloxed by the *experts*. Has to be *loose* though, I can't be #@$&@#@ taking the thing in and out for free, s,not a big job but time *is* $$$$$ :moon:

Pete.