What's with the Mandello clutch?

Enzo

I have a Scura with the single plate clutch. The clutch pull is sooooo light. Also, hey, my engagement point is VERY long. :o It is anything but on-and-off and has a long smooth hook-up.

I must say, since this thread appeared, I've been more aware of a sharp and abrupt nature of the clutch. Before, I just didn't think about it. I would say it hooks up pretty quickly.

Guest rossomandello
:helmet: My 2001 Rosso Mandello has the single plate clutch and I love the hook.....but not the sound.....it sounds like the motor is chewing up a valve....The dealer said the sound is typical. 4000 miles of fairly agressive riding in the mountains of new england with no issues....

• 2 months later...

That's a good point.. I wonder how the sound of the single-plate unit might grate on one's nerves tooling along on longish "sport touring" rides :huh2:

...or does it only rattle in neutral(not under load)? If so then I guess it's a non issue.

al

The single plate rattle is noticeable primarily at idle, in neutral with your hand off the clutch lever. I think its from the plate rattling on the splined shaft. Once underway or with the clutch lever pulled, its quiet. Again, I have several bikes, including a Daytona, and this Scura does not seem grabby at all. In fact, it is a very light pull and smoothly engaging set-up.