can you use in this thread your good mother and the springtongue again?

83073[/snapback]

The correct mothertongue of the fatherland is:

'können Sie diesbezüglich verwenden verlegen Ihre gute Mutter und das springtongue wieder?'

So I think that what you mean to say is actually:

'can you in this connection use to shift your good nut/mother and the springtongue again?'

in which case, you really ought to be asking in the Technical Topics Forum. I would say that a special tool or two is probably needed, but I'm sure that there's a Scandinavian bloke somewhere who does a fine handcrafted kit.

my old friend Doctor Johan may have some answers:

sex.gif

Towards a Semantics of Linguistic Time

Exploring Some Basic Time Concepts with Special Reference to English and Krio

by Johan Nordlander

Using English and the West-African creole language Krio as the objects of investigation, this study proposes an analysis in which verbs and the paradigms pertaining to verbs are conceived of as being the only direct carriers of linguistic time encoding. The fundamental assumption is that nominals encode substance, be it concrete or abstract, and that verbals encode abstract substance with time.

Three different layers of analysis are put forward: (1) the nucleic, which consists of the verbal carrying the meaning core of a situation; (2) the verbal constituency, in which we find all TMA encoding, that is, the tense, mood and aspect of the situation; and (3) the (verbal) situation, which is conceived of as a superordinate, maximum unit of description.

It is argued that the dynamicity value of the verbal nucleus to a large extent determines and limits the possible aspecutal, modal and temporal interpretations of the situation.

http://www.swedsciencepress.se/nyheter/umea/sex.htm

my old friend Doctor Johan may have some answers:

83514[/snapback]

He may have – eventually. But he's still in the exploratory stage – like us really.

As far as I can tell, there's a good chance we'll beat him to it.

Superordinate paridgms pertaining to verbs are pretty much a dead-end road.

It's turned British SummerTime. Now the clocks all need jiggered forwards– and my brain clock too. It's 2.40 B.S.T., to be exact.

It's 2.40 B.S.T., to be exact.

83813[/snapback]

Belfast Standard Time?

Now the clocks all need jiggered forwards– and my brain clock too.

83813[/snapback]

Jiggering clocks is illegal in most civilized countries. What you do to you brain (clock) is the subject of several research articles and a 1/2 hour special on the Discovery channel.