Exhaust Cans

Guest Apexlocator

Does anybody know if the MG Ti kit ECU/black box can be remapped, say if you did other mods, would it take maps for a PCII or something else ? If one can't reprogram or load other maps in the MG box, that kind of ties one's hands a bit. Then the PC would get my nod and use whatever cans ones likes/can afford/sound best yada yada. :luigi:

The ECU with the MG Ti cans is exactly the same as the regular M15 ECU, just with a new fuel/air map, and perhaps a different ignition curve(but not sure about that). So yes, it can be remapped.

Many MG dealers can certainly tweak the fuel/air map when using the tuning software, and a gas analyzer, but unless they also have a dyno and a lot of experience tuning these bikes and twiddling with the map/ECU.... results can vary.

It seems that in Europe, there is more expertise in tuning the Marelli ECU, but not so much here in North America. There however is a plethora of Certified Dynojet Tuning Centers in the USA, and they in combination with a PCIIIusb(the PCII and PCIII are no longer available AFAIK) can get excellent results.

It's really just a case of using the best tool available, depending on where you live, and what expertise your shop has :huh2:

All in all, most have had great results with the Power Commander. If I had the Ti kit in North America, I'd leave the map on the ECU alone, and fit a PCIIIusb for tweaking the map further. Plus, another advantage is that you can fiddle with the map yourself with your PC. You cannot easily do the same with the ECU.

al

Guest Apexlocator

Thanks for all the feedback. I do like a black pipe on my black and gray bike. The Tenni has a nice looking black can. Anyone know what kind of pipe that is?

I wish Micron made the colored pipe for our bikes.

The Tenni, Scura, and I think maybe the Rosso Mandello have the stock LaFranconi silencer, simply with a CF sleeve insead the brushed anondized aluminum sleeve(silver or black) on the other models.

It's not a "performance" exhaust....

al

Guest dkgross

do I EVEN what to know how much THAT costs???

Dear Dave ,

The last I looked with the current Euro exchange, the titanium was approximately 28,000 US dollars. This includes all shipping customs, etc. You would only have to pay to have the bike registered and shipped from Dallas to your location.

I can do the registration procedure here and title the bike.

If you are interested, send me a return e-mail.

Thanks

Arnold

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 1:09 PM

To: ratdog@airmail.net

Subject: Furia Titanium

hi!

I found your contact info on the Ghezzie and Brian website.

Dare I ask...what's the price and availability of the Furia Titanium?

I currently have a 2002 Guzzi LeMans.

thanks.

Dave Gross

Seattle, WA

Which cans are the best choice for sound and performance?  I have 400 miles on my LeMans and am getting the itch for even more performance.  I get the feeling that this bike will fly once uncorked.  Now, I need to choose which dealership should do my mods.  I would appreciate comments on which cans, airbox and power commander to buy.

I love this bike!

See if you can find the two 2003 issues of Moto-Euro that addressed the FBF mods to a V11 Sport. Pretty impressive. The FBF opration is, as I recall, in Penna, not so very far from you.

I have FBF on my Ballabio, and while I believe the others who say nothing sounds finer than theirs, my Ballabio sounds like Cecilia Bartoli belting out Janis Joplin. It's Italian stomp. So very fine. :bike: