Smoke Signal Lenses

Guest northend

Guest northend

I was talking to somebody at Detroit Eurocycles open house last saturday and they mentioned Smoke turn signal lenses for a Le Mans?? The standard yellow blinker lenses are the ugliest thing on the bike other than myself. Also who makes a nice set of foot pegs with grippy knurls on them?? I find the stock ones are too slippery :wacko:

The smoke signal are BUELL parts. See the well-documented how-to on this and several other websites, part numbers included.

You want 98 Kawi ZX6 rubber top foot pegs (maybe other years?? don't know not a kawi guy). Also will require a bush as hole size is different. Tons around - just go to a Kawi dealer and ask the parts guys if you can root around in their old peg bin. Look almost identical to the Guzzi peg but have the rubber top.

cheers,

Ryan

Guest northend

Thanks guys,

Going to check out those monster pegs Docc, but the first thing thats going is the lenses. :thumbsup::grin:

Thanks again.........Jeff H.

The Buell XB9/12 lenses come with a smoked outer lens, and an inner amber insert, so you do not have to change your lamps from clear to amber.

If I recall, the lenses were about $2 each at my local HD boutique ..... which are a nice bunch of guys BTW, and always think it's interesting I'm buying HD parts for a Guzzi ^_^

al

Guest northend

Just ordered some today from Cummins HD( both inners and outers).

Total was about 13.00. I don't mind buying custom stuff at that price :D

Thanks again guys........Jeff H.

Jeff - once you get the parts, pls report back to us on whether those Buell parts fit. And do you know if the Lemans turn signal lenses are the same as on a '01 V11?

Thanks

Bob

Guest northend

Yep, It's going to be the cheapest mod I've done yet :thumbsup::grin:

Besides, a black, gray,and carbon fiber bike just doesn't look right with that yellow sticking out all over :vomit: .

Guest Warren Rhen

Does anybody also know if the whole Buell turn signal (front ) will fit the le mans? believe it or not the wind blew my bike over at the gas pumps today. So I need a whole turn signal plus brake levers( front and rear), mirror, foot peg etc. I'm not sure which is bent out of shape worse, me or the bike.

Does anybody also know if the whole Buell turn signal (front ) will fit the le mans? believe it or not the wind blew my bike over at the gas pumps today. So I need a whole turn signal plus brake levers( front and rear), mirror, foot peg etc. I'm not sure which is bent out of shape worse, me or the bike.

...no, unfortunately I belive it will not :unsure: It's just the lens that will fit.

If you had a Sport, you could adapt the whole Buell signal assembly I believe(although not certain) :huh2:

But if I recall correctly, the stem on the LeMans faring mounted front signal is unique AFAIK, so either you would have to adapt something, repair yours, or get one from Guzzi :(

Sorry to hear about the bike getting dropped though. ...must have been some really strong wind... wow, it pushed it up and over on right side eh :huh:

al