V11 TITANIUM EXHAUST SYSTEM

Guest Albino

Guest Albino

I saw this morning at a Guzzi store in Milan the new V11 titanium exhaust system.

I was told by the store owner that the system grants 7hp more and a more fluent torque across all ranges.

Does anyboby have any comments on that?

Is there anyboby that already installed the system?

I ride a Café Sport. Thanks

Albino

Albino,

The 7hp is true I think, because the system is an absorbtion system, gasses flow much easyer out. It is not legal on the road, because it's making more beautiful noise, but that's up to you.

This is the same for a lot of aftermarket systems, like Mistral. Only with the guzzi system, you get a new computer, adjusted to the system, so you don't need an powercommander or chiptuning.

Guest Fonzarelli

My moto actually dropped two peak horsepower when the MG Ti system was installed.

My rear wheel HP was 79 peak horsepower in stock configuration. My dealer told me that that was the highest he had tested for a stock bike.

Please keep in mine that my LeMans only had 300 miles at the time of this test. The valve lash had not been reset nor had the throttle bodies been sync'd.

It is very possible that it will make higher peak power with more miles and a better tune.

The sound is great!

The looks are great!

Guest dkgross

I have no dyno run or anything, but my bike with 6000 miles on it runs and feels MUCH more powerful and smoothly with the Guzzi Ti Exhaust/new ECU installed. I love it.

Albino, check it out on guzzisti.it

Do not ask this to those powercommander freaky guys....

ciao

...why not?

We've always said that if the ECU is properly mapped, you wouldn't need a PCIII.

However, it really depends on where you live, whether there is a local shop that can remap the M15 or not(mostly "not" in North America), or if you have instead a local shop that is PCIII proficient. That question is what often drives the choice.

In the case of the MG Ti kit, the OEM ECU is already mapped for these cans, so assuming one hasn't made any other gross changes to the intake/exhaust, it is true that just installing the new ECU with it's modified mapping should be just fine.

I'm still curious if the new ECU has just a modified fuel map, or if the ignition is changed as well. I would doubt it, but am curious.

al

Different units of measure than HP and lb/ft, so the difference is probably not as great as it seems.

BTW, also note the significant difference in temp and atm pressure between the two runs. That can be a major factor making back-to-back comparisons difficult.

al

Different units of measure than HP and lb/ft, so the difference is probably not as great as it seems.

BTW, also note the significant difference in temp and atm pressure between the two runs.  That can be a major factor making back-to-back comparisons difficult.

al

I noticed all that but, why cant these foreigners speak ' mericun :lol:

You dont think Eldo is one of them freaky powercommander guys ,do you?

Heh, well... YEP. And since I qualify for that remark too, I'll add my $.02.

I have mapped the Ti/ECU "Race Kit" and found it to be (here in the US) sorely off in the mapping dept. I suspect this may be due to the Euro-vs-US gasolines, but I can tell you that I did not see 7 hp here in the US with the kit, either pre-or-aft PCIII usb. There are *no* timing revisions on the "race" ECU.

See second post down; http://www.guzzitech.com/PCIII-Endorse15M.html

I'll try and dig up the Dynorun map and post it. May take me a week or so though.

Todd

Certified PCIII Tech

AMA Pro SuperMoto Chief Steward

p.s. All top 10 bikes in every category in AMA Pro Road Racing run PCIII's, which are mapped at every track location on the day of each race.