Brake pads

Baldini

Any pad with the Sinister HH compound will make your bike stop much better hot or cold. I put a set on my 00 V11 Sport to get more stopping power and it works great. On the down side, if your fork springs are weak you will get a noticeable fork dive.

Mike

I put EBC pads (I think they were the HH variety.) I know they are the higher performance 'flavor' of the EBC pads. It does seem to bite more than stock though I was cautioned by my parts guy that they are harder on the rotors than the standard compound. I like em a lot, though they make much more noise when applying the brakes. Not a brake squeal but a 'shhhhhh' sound.

I think I've had them for 5 or 6K miles and they still have plenty of meat left on them.

I'd buy em again.

In France we have the semc-BREMBO pads their commercial name here is "F40"

Those are some organic racing pads which give a really increase brake power.

I don't know if you could find this in your country !

I have over 20,000 miles with the sinister HH pads and have had no problems with rotor wear (on stock rotors). I did have a problem with the Galfer wave rotors and the Sinister pads which they said to use. The rotors outer edge (wave section) wore more than the inside of the rotor and made it like a taper (in under 3000 miles :huh2::huh2: ). This caused big pulsation problems. After sending the rotors back to Galfer and having the racing buttons installed to take care of the problem (at least what Galfer thought was the problem). The problem was still there (thickness variation). Moral of the story, less metal equals faster wear. To make a long story short, Galfer refunded my money for the rotors. :thumbsup:

Mike

Is "sinister" the brand name Mike, or is this just a material to look for in the pads by EBC, etc??

I'm assuming you didn't mean "sintered" HH pads instead??

al

My bad, :homer:

It is sintered, what was I thinking. :blink: And yes, just about all the pad companies offer the HH compound.

Mike

• 11 months later...
Guest ksann

Where can I fin the dunlop pads?

Or are there any more recent recommendations for my V11Sport fronts?

ken

I put in Ferodo Platinum pads. They bite better than std pads, dunno about wear. Dunno how much better these brakes could be, feel is good, they stop well, limiting factor to hard braking is tyre grip & weight of bike. Better brakes would give same power for less lever pressure, & even more feel? Dunno - I never had better!

KB :sun:

I have the EBC HH. Better feel, better power, not certain there is any less lever needed. Only on for about 500 miles so far. k