32 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I see a Royal Enfield thread in our future .  My buddy worked for a company that (their branch) tested any & everything doing w/two wheels . He said the Enfield was a great bike .  Buid quality , looks , engine , everything. IDK who is in charge w/the bikes , but they are doing it right !

and no wonder.........

Rod Copes, former senior manager at Harley-Davidson, became president of the North American branch. Pierre Terblanche was snatched from Ducati to become the head of industrial design at the UK office. James Young and Simon Warburton, department heads for engines and products respectively, were enticed away from Triumph. His crowning achievement was hiring Rudratej Singh, a marketing director from the massive multinational company Unilever, and installing him as President and marketing director of Royal Enfield UK.

• Thanks 2
On 10/30/2022 at 1:22 PM, Chuck said:

Gaaa! *You* are the guy. :bbblll::grin: I had called Mike and he said he had a bronze one in stock, but didn't offer test rides. I rode the AeroLario to a Hawg dealer in Lafayette, who did. I liked it a lot, but told the Hawg dealer to stick that $500 "market adjustment" charge where the sun don't shine. :rasta: Politely, of course.

Rummaged through my couch cushions, found enough to buy one of these little Enfields, ;) and he had sold the bronze one the day before. Had the military versions, but they don't do it for me. Said he had a greenie coming in a week or two. The rest is history.

The Kid was down from Wisconsin this weekend, and he feels exactly the same as I do. Rode it a long time, I was beginning to wonder if he'd crashed somewhere. :D "Needs a little more power. The front end is over sprung. The brakes are fabulous considering the price of this thing. Very comfortable, much like an Eldo riding position, but better. I really don't anything bad to say about it, especially considering the price."

Ha! Almost went to Illinois for the Halcyon Grey. Had to go with spokes and inner tubes too! I mean, after all, retro....