Steering damper

Guest Squashed Nose

KB,

How many miles? My sport came new with Pirelli dragons stamped "corsa." The rear was gone in 2500 miles and the prices were scary. :o

Also the Dragons had the triangular profile so popular with the guys who live leaned over. They gave the Sport really nervous high speed weave around the trucks on the freeway (90 mph).

Is the 'Diablo' much less edgy than the Dragon?

I'm interested in the Diablos also.

A friend in the UK who has the same model Tirumph as I do installed them and said it completely transformed the bike. Rides smoother, no more harshness in the front end, they seem to last very well for "sticky" tires.

I've used Pirelli tires on dual sport to sport bikes and have nothing but good experiences with them. Now that the Diablos are being sold, I would think you may be able to get a good price on Dragons. I know a BMW 1100RS owner who wont install anything but Pirelli Dragons and has over 70,000 miles on his bike. He says that he'll sacrifice a bit of longetivity for adhesion. That's the way I feel also.

About mileage with tires , on my daytona a Pirello EVO front (corsa) & rear are dead about 3000 km with hard drive , my combination for long ride is front pirelli evo & rear Pirelli Dragon GTS.

I m actually trying the Diablo on the bike and that's true this change the feeling of bike handling.

About steering damper, with Daytona it appends to be usefull (i'm living in French Alps and there is a lot of beautifull roads but not always with a good shape)

With the Ghezzi&Brian SuperTwin it is usefull when riding strong on small roads because the bike such lighter with a real small wheel base (only 1400 regarding daytona / v11 1475 mm) . This is also due to the small front tires 120/60 17

On the supertwin i m going to put the brand new Diablo corsa soon.

Diablos have great corner grip, good stability. Rear is past half worn at 1,500 miles, front less so. Will get 2,500 max on rear. There is no cupping on front, wear is pretty even f & r. These are regular Diablos, not Diablo Corsas, which are stickier again.

I went to 170/60 rear cos I felt rear is overtyred on original 180/55. Big improvement in handling. Turn in is much smoother, f/r seem much better matched. No longer feels like rear is reluctant to follow front into bends. Can't see any reason to fit a 180 save looks/fashion.

Much prefer these to original BT020's which I never felt very secure on. I got 3,300 miles on rear to wear bars, but by then front was so badly cupped it was unpleasant to ride on.

Someone mentioned the Tenni raced at the TT broke it's steering damper mount. I think I read somewhere that they didn't have much time with the bike to set up the suspension ... the thought of racing one of these on the IOM... :( . Does anyome know anything about this?

Cheers, KB, Mid Wales :sun: