Starter button.

audiomick

#1, try well known relays. #2,  extra start relay.  It's all here on the forum. Very seldom some strange things going on, not been mentioned here before.   What I have learned about the V11, WHAT a forum, THANKS.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

It's all here on the forum.

Yes, I also have learned a lot here. I'm working through it myself because I want to understand it. I'm documenting it in the hope that this might help someone else understand what is going on better, and because writing helps me think it through. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomchri said:

#1, try well known relays. #2,  extra start relay.  It's all here on the forum. Very seldom some strange things going on, not been mentioned here before.   What I have learned about the V11, WHAT a forum, THANKS.

Cheers Tom.

This . .  . +1

46 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Yes, I also have learned a lot here. I'm working through it myself because I want to understand it. I'm documenting it in the hope that this might help someone else understand what is going on better, and because writing helps me think it through. :)

Ah , yes, a 2002 V11 would be prone to Startus Interuptus .  You have good indications to clean/service your Ignition Switch and make plans for the additional @Kiwi_Roy Relay for the starting . . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, docc said:

clean/service your Ignition Switch...

Had that apart about six months ago. Someone broke the back off it whilst it was parked on the street. I mentioned it here at the time. You may recall having seen this photo here already:

large.01_Alles.jpg

Nevertheless, I'll be taking that apart again some time soon. There is still a small problem to deal with (which doesn't affect the operation...)

As already mentioned, the thoughts are already churning regarding an additional relay. :)

• Like 2