givi bags

Guest davidb

Guest davidb

I am almost finished mounting Give hard bags on the V11. They are quite large because I want to use it for shopping, hiking, commuting to work, and even though its ugly, I like it. It was a pain in the ass to install and that univesal kit they sell isn't worth the 73$ for the four bolts and two brackets I used out of it. I ended up purchasing a rack and welding hangers on it. has anyone else done this?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same position you are. I've gotten them close to where I want them with the universal kit but now I need to do some minor tweeks and make the final mounting brackets myself. I'm sure most people won't like my final solution because I'm going to cut into the tail section so I can bring the mounting brackets inboard a bit.

I'll post some pics when it's done. It's going to be huuuuuuuge.

What bags did you get? I got the 41 l monokey.

Guest davidb

I will try to post some pics this afternoon. I didn't cut anything because it is all hanging off the rack.

Not being familiar with the rest of the rack's mounting system, from the photos, that looks like an awful lot of torque/stress on those two forward bolts attaching to the exhaust hangar mounts :unsure:

I would be concerned that even empty, much less loaded up, that the torque would bend those bars, or break the welds where the bars attach to the rack itself?

Of course, I may be missing something :huh2:

post_5_1085882813.gif

Guest dkgross

all..you'd be amazed how strong and heavy this rack feels. You can grab the back of the rack and lift the whole rear end up :)

Guest davidb

As you noticed, the exhaust mount is also the foot peg mounts. So if it designed to hold my 225lbs, then it will hold 10lbs of bags and 100lbs of shit I put in it. Also you can lift the bike from the pegs.Just like a BMW boxer cup replika rear stand does. I tested it today, works good.

Guest Steve_W

Just musing...

Has anyone ever considered using the Ghezzi & Brian under-engine exhaust with saddlebags? It seems to me that such an arrangement would avoid the problem of locating the mounts to clear the usual big mufflers, which means you could mount the bags lower and further forward.

Not that I'm volunteering to try this... :whistle:

Do you have a picture of the brackets on the bike, without the luggage?

I like how you positioned the bags further back than the Hepco Becker bags.

FWIW I certainly considered low bags when I had the Ghezzi-Brian Quat-D muffler.

If I was only getting more peak power, I would have kept the muffler.

My concern is for handling. When you load it up, that's an awful lot of weight behind the rear axel. Let us know how the front end feels after you ride it a bit.

Looks like a real nice job!

Cheers,

Jason