OT: RV in Washington state

Admin Jaap

Excellent, hope you are having a great time!

...I remember nearly losing my rear suspension on the FJ near Moab in July... whew it was hot :sun:

Let us know when/if you get down to Northern CA, so we can all try to get together for dinner or something!

al

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised a (not too long) story of our trip in the US of A.

Flew in on Seattle where we were picked up from the airport by Ray (Gooddog) :thumbsup: Later in the afternoon we contacted Dave Gross and he and his wife Rae showed us Seattle from a BMW convertible perspective. Seattle definetly has more coffe shps than Amsterdam! They also took us out to an excellent dinner. Thanks again!

Next morning we picked up the RV in Everett (the taxi-driver from the hotel to Everett normally drove a huge Peterbilt truck... funny, but a bit scary guy) Then we went on a "Tour de National Park"

North Cascades

Glacier

National Buffalo Range

Yellowstone

Grand Teton

Dinosaur

Arches

Bryce

Zion

Las Vegas (The National Pensioners Refuge)

Yosemite

I've seen enough canyons to last a life time. We didn't do Grand Canyon, because my GF has already seen it and it's just too f****n big...

A few things we also did:

- Rodeo in Cody Wyoming

- Star Trek Ride in Hilton hotel,Vegas. (we're both in the danger zone of becoming Trekkies)

btw. in Vegas I twice spotted the only V11 LM during this 3,5 week trip (a red/black 2003 model) First when we left the Oasis RV Park south of the Strip and later on the Hwy to Reno (95?) where the rider helped out a car with trouble. Maybe someone on this board?

Our last evening in the States we met up with Al, Don, Mike, and Carl. After some bad communications on or part we finally met in a micro-brewewry/restaurant in Hayward (I think) It was very nice to meet you guys! And the Jalapeno Poppers and Chicken Wings were just what we needed! :food: Thanks.

Especially to Mike who waited for over an hour in the dark and drove us back and forth to our RV!

Also thanks to Carl who drove all the way from Modesto just to meet us. (I hope we made it worth your while...)

And a big thanks to Al for getting the guys together.

Don, thank you for showing up! The only one on his bike...

Next morning we dropped off the RV and got on the plane to Amsterdam.

After driving some roads, especially up north, I want to come over again, but with my bike. :bike: A lot of people over here criticise the USA but you can sure build roads!

roads.jpg

(But you also build some fugly stuff... :) )

trike.jpg

• 5 months later...
Guest Roadslayer

Jaap. Sorry for the late reply. I wish I could have gotten in on it sooner. I've covered every square inch of the western U.S.(via MC) and have lots of suggestions. First,forget Spokane. Then,post a report of your trip unless you already did and I missed that too. Best wishes from our country. "Cheers" Roadslayer. :(

Guest Roadslayer
:doh: Oh. You already did. Sorry again. Maybe someday I'll actually get a life. Sounds like you hit all of the right places. This really is a nice piece of geography,yes? 'Enjoy' Roadslayer.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this thread today :angry:

If I'd have known about it on time, I could have come down from Vancouver on the V11 and we could have switched from the motor home to the bike on the Cascades highway.

Here's a tip Jaap, next time, come north to British Columbia for a bit, where your money will be worth at least 20% more than it is in the USA. And if you feel the need for a ride, I can take the R1 and you can ride the V11, or vice versa.

Too bad I missed this, cos at the time I also had 2 dual sports we could have ridden up into the hills.