A look under the seat.

audiomick

Your probably right, but first and second look at the picture, made me comment :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

33 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Your probably right, but first and second look at the picture, made me comment :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

+1. 

The big [+] cable that crosses the image from bottom right to the upper left does not actually connect to the junction bolt at the the upper-left bolt junction (in the image), but passes between that (apparent) Grounding Junction against the corner of the ECU?

What is that positive cable even for?

This would make me unhappy . . .

large.08-UnderSeat.jpg.1c87e2c4b2a8385fa

43 minutes ago, docc said:

The big [+] cable ...does not actually connect to the junction bolt ...but passes between that ...Grounding Junction (and) the corner of the ECU?

Yes.

Don't know where it goes yet, I'll have to have another look to find that out. I assumed it was standard something or other, as the pinkish sleeve on it is the same as the other thick cable that is connected to the + terminal. Might be a mod, though, I suppose. :huh2:

PS: can someone post a photo of a standard, or near standard, battery? I gather mine is not in the same orientation as a standard one. Knowing which way around it was mounted originally, and where the + and - terminals were, might help me understand what has been done to the wiring on mine. :)

Ok, yes, your battery orientation and all of that ancillary wiring/cabling is non-standard. Routing a main positive pinched between a Negative Junction and the grounded ECU case seems worth investigating . . .

This is the original battery orientation, OEM-style Odyssey PC545,  but with changes to the wiring by adding "junction blocks" for the numerous ring terminals:

IMG_3349.jpg

• Thanks 1