Fuel pressure regulator

red lion

Gas is leaking on my 2000 sport where the fuel regulator and gas tank meet. Is there a replacement gasket available, And who would have one? I have not removed it from the tank yet.

I looked at AF1 racing and for fuel tank they did not even show the fuel pressure regulator.

• Like 1

It looks like 22 meets with the tank. #23 looks like the gasket. What part # would that be and is it available? Also where to purchase the gasket?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, red lion said:

It looks like 22 meets with the tank. #23 looks like the gasket. What part # would that be and is it available? Also where to purchase the gasket?

Ah, there you go. Two "gaskets" then and you're after #23.

#23 = GU90706116  O-ring

Check the usual US sources: MG Cycle, Hapermoto, AF1Racing, Cadre Cycle. If you take the part off, your local auto parts store "might" be able to suss out the fitment.

Yes, 23 is just an o-ring.

You can source this at any auto parts store, or of course online.  You'll need an o-ring that is specifically resistant to fuel and oil, which is common.

BTW, ignore the "blue stuff".  That is leftover special fuel resistant sealer I had used many years ago during some tank plumbing experimentation.

V11-Sport-Manual-Petcock-O-Ring-000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here are the general approximate dimensions of the o-ring.  I put the caliper in the groove and it reads about the same too.

You'll almost certainly buy an assortment of o-rings.  So just find the one in that assortment that fits best.

V11-Sport-Manual-Petcock-O-Ring-001.jpg

V11-Sport-Manual-Petcock-O-Ring-002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I had tiny leaks on my tank, I went to replace the O-rings under the flange fittings. I noticed that the screw inserts that attach the flange to the tank had pulled out a tiny bit, creating bulges in the tank plastic.

This meant that the clamping of the O-ring was reduced so allowing leaks.

Running a file across the tank insert face reduced the bulging at the inserts without touching the sealing face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

None of the moto guzzi suppliers had the O ring in stock. I found it at napa auto parts. All's well now.  Thanks

• Like 2