Wheels

max77

Hello all, first post here. 
I used to work at Moto Studio, I’ve built a few Sport 1100’s and one V11. 
I’m in the process of starting a new build using a 2001. I want to be able to use a 180 rear tire, but the stock wheel is 4.5. 
I found a used rim from a 2003 which is a 5.5 and will allow me to use the 180 Supercorsa rear tire.

Will a 2003 rear wheel fit my 2001??

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Max!

Yes, the wheels interchange. I have even seen a 180 mounted on the 4.5" rim, but it looked mighty "pinched."

I hope you'll keep us up on the build!

1 hour ago, docc said:

Hi, Max!

Yes, the wheels interchange. I have even seen a 180 mounted on the 4.5" rim, but it looked mighty "pinched."

I hope you'll keep us up on the build!

Yeah on my previous build i I put in a 180 and it messed up the profile.
Thank you for clearing this up. 
It is becoming harder and harder to source lightweight wheels. 
im working on a prototype adaptor to use single sided wheels. We were able to successfully adapt MV Agusta and Ducati wheels but it took a lot of parts, I’m trying to simplify it, but it will take time, in the meantime I’ll throw a 2003, 5.5 wheel. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, footgoose said:

This Moto Studio?  https://moto-studio.com/collections/builds

Some really nice stuff there. Do keep us in the loop with your build and whatever else you want to share. The spine frame is a great 'palette' for customs.

Interchangeable or adaptable parts is always an interesting subject.

Welcome to the Forum Max77

Yes, I used to work at that Moto Studio, I moved to Ohio now and I’m doing my own thing, hopefully it generates as much traction as Moto Studio did for me. 
I’ll keep you posted!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cowtownchemist said:

Hi Max,

Welcome to the forum.  I am also in Columbus.  I have been looking around town for a metal fabricator to build me a tail delete for my 2000 V11.  Would this be something in your wheelhouse? 

Hey brother, as of now I'm not taking any work in and going forward I will go back into full customs only. We should go for a ride sometime tho. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cowtownchemist said:

Hi Max,

Welcome to the forum.  I am also in Columbus.  I have been looking around town for a metal fabricator to build me a tail delete for my 2000 V11.  Would this be something in your wheelhouse? 

• Like 2

Thanks Docc.  I had the dimensions and photos from that thread printed out and took them to a few places around and nobody was wanting to do it.  I don't have the tools necessary for cutting metal to do it myself.

• Like 1