MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

Get it, don't get it, Lie about it and say you Did, Do something I'm snapping pencils over here. That would be thee coolest street legal bike around they should just make bikes like these with the opposite "kit" instead of an offroad use only sell some "street legal kits" so we can get turn signals and brake lights easy as pie snap in setups. whaddya think?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you poor californian bastards I swear they don't let you have any fun there, they can't ship cigars to you they make it hard to get exhaust to make emissions and they are overly serious about it. I don't think a motorcycle with a striaght pipe off the header puts out as much pollutants as a honda hybrid. I COULD be wrong but come on ease up cali. Someone write a letter to the arnold put in $10 tell him make it happen.

I'll be most curious to see how someone eventually manages to make one street legal, particularly in the USA, and even more specfically in CA.

al

45306[/snapback]

I dunno. Perhaps you could stick on Daytona RS barrels, heads, smog crap etc - exhaust system too, the complete set of lighting to meet DOT requiremets, take it down to the CHP and tell them you re-framed your Daytona after an accident and have it re-registered or "Blue" stickered as a custom build.

you poor californian bastards I swear they don't let you have any fun there, they can't ship cigars to you they make it hard to get exhaust to make emissions and they are overly serious about it. I don't think a motorcycle with a striaght pipe off the header puts out as much pollutants as a honda hybrid. I COULD be wrong but come on ease up cali. Someone write a letter to the arnold put in $10 tell him make it happen.

45332[/snapback]

The Fun:

The Beach Boys immortalized "California Girls", they just mentioned the others. Go to our beaches and you'll see why. This won't work in La La Land if you're allergic to silicone...

Straight pipes invite raw fuel etc at some point in their combustion/scavenging/rpm cycle along with other noxious byproducts. The Honda hybrid doesn't. Neither does my Prius, but I don't drive my hybrid for fun, the bike I do. I don't need straight pipes to have fun on a bike either. You need fun roads. California has plenty. And the CHP has radios. You have to be careful where and how you exercise your priviledge to have fun. Note that it's priviledge and not a right. If you over exercise the privilege of having fun, it always seems like someone else has the right to arrest you for it or deprive you of it.

California is ridiculous is a lot of ways, but it isn't bad - just very expensive. Still, it's cheaper to buy gas at our inflated prices when compared to anywhere in Europe, so it's all relative.

Cigars? Smoking is almost a dying fad out here. Why smoke when you can take a deep heady breath of equally deadly (long term) smog? No tax on smog either, all you can breathe for free. In fact, if you want some smog, we'll be happy to share. Just come on over, breathe deep - and leave the state before you exhale :grin: That's why Bush did so poorly here during the Presidential elections. He doesn't "inhale". We couldn't send any smog back to Texas with him.

• 6 months later...
I'll be most curious to see how someone eventually manages to make one street legal, particularly in the USA, and even more specfically in CA.

al

45306[/snapback]

It was my understanding that Alabama and New Hampshire will register almost anything without too many questions.

Tom

a bit cheaper, yes 1000 of, but that's good, starting at 10000 would make me nervous:-)

Well he says that it has been used to what it was made for (racing?!! ),Well if so is it worthy buying it? Should the cylinders and piston set get changed because perhaps it has not the right break in?

Any estimation of what does it need to get lights, and stuff in, would it need a NEW electric wiring system`?

Is it possible to add all these stuff and make it road leagal in England?

Any clues would be very worthy, I am having some serious interesting thoughts about buying it

Thanks

Well he says that it has been used to what it was made for (racing?!! ),Well if so is it worthy buying it? Should the cylinders and piston set get changed because perhaps it has not the right break in?

Any estimation of what does it need to get lights, and stuff in, would it need a NEW electric wiring system?

Any clues would be very worthy, I am having some interesting thoughts about buying it (in a bit shorter price)

Thanks

60893[/snapback]

The first owner raced it in Club races at Croft circuit in North Yorkshire- I know this because I made some enquiries when it first went on sale.

He sold it to a mate (the second owner) who has been trying to sell it for some months- it has been on EBAY several times. You can buy a new one (still several for sale in the UK) for £15K (probabaly cheaper if you haggle) so £13K for a "used" one seems a bit steep to me.

I would guess as a race bike it was not run in like a road bike- more likely thrashed from the start.

Speak to Guzzibun about making one road legal- he has done it with his but for daytime use only.

If Guzzi reveal a road legal MGS01 at the Milan show as rumoured, this may save you the bother of making one road legal but how much they cost and when they will be actually in the shops may be another matter.

It is probably a right pain the arse to wire it for lights etc- probably more suitable as a race / track bike.

Good luck if you buy it!

Guy :helmet:

Yep you´re right , it is always better to wait a bit and see what is going on in such situations.A thrased bike without any correct break in is as good as replacing pistons and cylinders, :blush::( as well this stress with making the bike road leagl is also another serious factoe to concider for not buying something like it. :wacko::unsure: