MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

Jim, did you pay off Tom Mcdonald ?

About 3 weeks ago I tried to order one. I had a ready customer sitting in my office. The buyer must submit his or her racing resume . There are to be ten Corsa imported. Tom Mcdonald of AWS will determine who gets one. The criteria for this are unknown to sales rep. Delivy date "soon".

They will list at 23,500. The Serie is back on the table for late 05.

Mike Haven.

MPH Cycles, Texas Premier Moto Guzzi shop

281 647 6557

mphcycles.com

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't have one, then build your own. two austrian guzzisti are building on a centauro base, the way to have things road legal.

http://www.guzzipfarrer.at/chassis-MGS-01.html

38079[/snapback]

wait a minute ..i thought that a centauro was basically just a spine framed Sport but with the 4v motor instead of the 2 valve ? In that case, you could probably build something really cool out of a V11 with ohlins and then drop in a 4 valve motor. Winter project Jim ?

There are a couple of unsold MGS01s arriving in the UK next week- looks as though Guzzi are struggling to sell them.

£16k really is silly money even though the bikes are unique. Still, if I sold a kidney maybe........

I may just wait a few months, and if by chance some bikes remain unsold, I may make a silly offer and see what happens.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=mot...=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

:xmas:

There are a couple of unsold MGS01s arriving in the UK next week- looks as though Guzzi are struggling to sell them.

£16k really is silly money even though the bikes are unique. Still, if I sold a kidney maybe........

I may just wait a few months, and if by chance some bikes remain unsold, I may make a silly offer and see what happens.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=mot...=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

:xmas:

38351[/snapback]

See, now you've got the right idea :bier:

I'd wait and let the frenzy pass to see where prices really settle.

Unfortunately for owners(but good for patient buyers), Guzzis don't seem to hold their value(MSRP), and seem to settle down around the $6-8k mark after a couple years.

I'm not saying the MGS will be $5k in two years, but just like other "niche" vehicles(The AC Cobra comes to mind)... although striking, and the public loved them, in reality they often sat around dealer showrooms for years until the last one was sold at steep discounts, especially non-road legal(race) versions like the MGS.

So, I'll be curious to see what happens to the MGS over the next say... 3-4 years... and who knows, maybe like a Daytona these days, we can pick an MGS up for a song as compared to $25k.

al

they often sat around dealer showrooms for years

What I have heard is there are more buyers than there are MGS's. How true this is will be seen in the next month. Still not sure how many are coming to USA but I am still hoping that there is one at least coming to Canada.

Latest news: http://195.224.59.217/news/archives_2000/n...ils.asp?id=3584

MOTO GUZZI MGS-01 CORSA IN UK THIS MONTH

06 December 2004

The latest specification MGS-01 CORSAS, as seen on the Moto Guzzi stand at the 2004 Intermot Show, are now being built at Moto Guzzi and should arrive in the UK, week commencing December 13.

PRICE: £15,900 inc vat, plus £134 delivery, the MGS-01 is available in red only.

The MGS-01 Corsa is made for track use and will not be homologated for use on public roads.

The bikes will be shipped in a special wooden crate, which will enable the front wheel to remain fitted to the bike during transit. The MGS-01 logo will be printed on the crate, so that even the box is exclusive!

The UK has been allocated five bikes from the production run of 50 machines, with most of these being pre-sold, so prospective owners will need to move quickly! Germany, France, Italy and the USA will take the others.

The special owners manual is a spiral bound A4 size book in English, personalised with the owner's name and incorporating a complete parts manual as well as a maintenance manual

A special procedure to handle parts ordering for the MGS-01 has been set up for MGS-01 dealers and will provide an express 48 hour parts service from the Moto Guzzi factory.

Got a hot story?

email the editor on alastair@insidebikes.com