MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

I got this awnser in wildguzzi forum

Ciao Guzzisti!! B)

I'm Enrico from Verona Italy

Unfortunately everything is on Paul's posts is true :(

A Guzzi's workman confirmed it on an italian forum

I think "Mother Guzzi" will become only a museum (yet existing) and bike depot because Aprilia affords more productive and modern mills.

Many existing "test" breva 1100 were assembled on Aprilia's mills. (in Italy we've seen it in a reportage on TV 2 months later).

I hope you understand my terrible e

nglish

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, I always try to follow my principles and one of these is that I do not ever try to learn Deutsch. The only word I know is harsloch and that’s it!

Sorry Paul, I do respect your capacity to speak and understand that language. I do speak English, how bad that is, but I do try and I do my best in it.

Back to Moto Guzzi:

Indeed there is some speculation about the turn off of the machines in Mandello del Lario. The base of this speculation is that Moto Guzzi spa does not have any capacity to keep the factory working for 100%. The sale of accessories and pieces for Moto Guzzi makes none progression and the sale of new models neither. So Moto Guzzi thinks, “we are shutting our factory down and all the Guzzisti in the whole world can get the curls”.

I aspect some concrete info from Mandello. While I get this info I will back to you.

BTW, the statement of Enrico is a little bit a drama. I don’t believe everything he said. Not. Some info are maybe tru...

groetjes

Jim,

Even if they do produce this bike and make it actually available for sale to common folk, what chance do you think Moto Guzzi would spend the silly amount of money it would take to DOT the thing for Transport Canada? Realistically, they would expect to sell maybe, 20-30 of these in Canada, max! I think you should start preparing yourself for the procedure of bringing a new one of these from the states, partially disassembled, where after reassembly and motor vehicle inspection, you will have to register it as a "2005 U-Build".

Ciao, Steve G.

That has been my plan all along. I have a Yamaha WR400 with a street kit and had no problem getting it registered.

I have a deposit on a Corsa so it would never be DOT'ed by any country. I just hope they do get the fifty built before the factory shut down. I would like to take delivery at the Vancouver bike show.

I have a deposit on a Corsa so it would never be DOT'ed by any country. I just hope they do get the fifty built before the factory shut down. I would like to take delivery at the Vancouver bike show.

36195[/snapback]

Otherwise there is a beautifull Ghezzi&Brian Folgore for sale in California & registred with Californian papers :grin:

The Folgore ad

A Guzzi's workman confirmed it on an italian forum
I'm Enrico from Verona Italy

Sorry but when I look at those two quotes it reminds me of sayings like this:

Hi. I'm from the government and I'm here to help you!

or...I'm Mike from Canmore!

Sorry. That last bit will only be familiar to anyone who watches the Royal Canadian Air Farce.

It would not be inconceivable to take an MGS01 Corsa and put V11 Sport barrels, heads, cam, ECU, smog stuff and so forth on it, get it registered in California after proving that all of the smog stuff is identical to the current approved model and then take it all off and revert it to the large bore kit. Personally, I'd revert it to the 1000cc Daytona stock stuff in the hopes that it would survive a bit longer. You couldnt go straight to the 1000cc Daytona RS spec and get it smogged because that was a 97 model and this bike would have a build date a half a decade later. California and the Feds would never approve it.

...bla..the solution to all of Guzzi's problems is for all of us to go out and buy a new Guzzi or two.

36276[/snapback]

...and original parts from Mandello del Lario, just say, mother Guzzi. Those pieces are even important as the whole bike self.

I am the first guilty, because I did not buy a set of original mufflers, but the splendid sound given "Mistral".....yep, that's me. :homer:

Carl,

A bit off topic, but how can they register all those orange county choppers?

They must be loud and poluting the air? I figured The only way to one registred here is to treat it a a self made motorcycle. Then it needs to be stripped, to bare steel frame, make dwawings from the frame, and act if I made the frame, They first add their new numbers to the bare frame, after that you can come back when the bike is ready. Self made bikes have a higher allowed noise level. :-)

Canada is excruciatingly strict when it comes to approving any mass produced vehicles. They have not allowed any Guzzi's with Ohlins suspension to be sold because they feel they should be tested as a completely new, individual motorcycle. However, on a provicial basis we can have any one off bike certified as long as it has lights, signals, mirrors and brake lights. My WR400 took 15 minutes to be approved and i expect my MGS to be the same.