MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

but when confronted with a kid on a properly tuned Honda 600RR you are gonna cry like a baby

Don't forget that babies also shit their diapers quite often and I have not done that for 45 years and I don''t expect to for another 45 years to come. However when I do get my MGS I suggest that you find yourself one of those kids on a properly tuned Honda 600RR and we'll put it to the test. Or better still YOU ride the 600. I don't expect any tears or faeces in either case but I know how happy I will be. I'll have my Horsepower, top speed and handling. I'll have to let you know in a few years about longevity.

Cheers

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Dreamers-ya' gotta love 'em....but sometime ya' gotta pull your head outa yer arse and smell reality!!! I'm fortunate that I get to ride the new machinery and get to form an opinion based on "seat of the pants" practicality. If ya' wanna go fast-go fast .

If ya' wanna spend alot of money and be embarrassed..spend alot and be embarrassed! :o

If ya' wanna spend alot of money and be embarrassed..spend alot and be embarrassed!

You don't get it do you? If I want to spend my money it will be to my standards - not yours. I have probably wasted a million dollars by your standards but then your standards don't mean squat to me. I will enjoy myself at my own expense.

Jim-then don't talk about HP numbers...and yes I do get it..you don't! Look why don't you go and purchase a Britten V1000,they only cost upwards of $150,000.00 and then you might have a chance of swatting off a horde of Honda CBR600 RR's and still have a "rare"(only 10 manufactured)cycle. Owning a cycle with low production numbers doesn't insure you that you're gonna kick anyones ass on the tarmac or that you have the skill level to kick ass on the tarmac. Sure would make you cry when you lose the front end trying to keep up with a punk ass kid on a Japper! But I appreciate your ability in trying to convince us that you could! :rolleyes:

Jim-then don't talk about HP numbers

The MGS-01 makes somewhere in the vicinity of 130 ponies(

Check it out! I havn't mentioned HP numbers yet but you have, so check yourself before you write sometime. Plus where have I said I'm buying it to kick someones ass on tarmac? I said I want the MGS because it has more horsepower than the V11 and for many other reasons, mostly just because I want to! So do you get it yet? I don't want to race anyone unless I choose to and if I do it will be on a racetrack and if I fail miserably I will blame it on me - NOT the bike. If I want to race professionally I would make a much different choice but that is not what I am going to do. I am going to enjoy riding the bike of MY choice and I hope everyone else can do the same without worrying about the way someone else thinks.

Let me get this straight-you previously mentioned racing a MGS-01 in Formula Extreme...that is where the CBR 600 RR's excelled this year, did they not?

When you said BIG HP in a previous post you must've meant more than your 87 HP V-11 LeMans. What you meant was "more" HP if I'm not correct. You also said that a 600 RR would have a problem running with you-that I do not believe, unless your dreams count. No one said racing on the track...there's plenty of room on the public roads to have gravel thrown upon your dream bike! :grin:

I hope to see the MGS-01 race in Formula Extreme. The Buells have made the top ten a few times even if they are outclassed by the 600 4 cylinder bikes.

You are right - I did mention Formula Extreme, while at the same time acknowledging the 600's rule the class.

I don't recall mentioning that the 600RR would have trouble running with me - that would be ludicrous. However I am prepared to be proven wrong if you can show me where.

Yes I did mean more horsepower than my V11 - I havn't dynoed it but I would be surprised if it made 87 rearwheel HP. I would LOVE to have more HP!!

As for racing on public roads - well I'm not too good at that. That is why I prefer to do wheelies or top speed runs on a deserted stretch of road but as for racing?

No thanks!

i rode a mille rsvr last weekend and got kinda bored trying to keep the speed at a "sensible" level . the new crossover and high compression pistons in my v11 sure felt good though :)

erm i'd buy a slow expensive italian bike if i was in lust with it....andi 'd race it too..in fact now that my v11 is paid off i'll probably race it and lose miserably and girn from ear to ear th whole time :)

Hey Supertwin,

Which is your dealership ? I'm actually interested in a Ghezzi Brian beleive it or not (No Dave, i'm not buying a Furia !!! **laughs**)

My finace's business is out of Austin Texas and last time i was down there i noticed that there was a ghezzi brian dealer near Dallas. Unfortunately fate stopped me from being able to visit as we both got drastically sick after eating something that disagreed with us at a local austin restaurant ( i lost 13 poudns of body weight in 3 days !)

so anyways :)

I'm interested in talking some more about the Ghezzi Brians if you're licensed to sell em :)