MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

, but I'd have to wonder about long-term durability with a 200cc larger than spec motor on the street :huh2:

I don't think that's an issue for people who can afford this bike. My guess their yearly mileage stops at 1500...

Still, I want one. :wub: I have room in my sun lounge. (but not in my bank account :( )

BTW, Paul has a 1200+ Dynotec engine too. Haven't heard him on reliability.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rideability Al? My engine just rides like the original one, only it pulls a bit more :-)

No top end power only, more cubic gives more torque, and that's what makes a twin fun. And with 200cc more= more fun.

I have heard that dynotec has made some 60 engines like this until now. I haven't seen anyone complaining in forums about durability.

But we don't know if :mg: makes the engines as good as Dynotec. :thumbsup:

Reason for the waiting in delivery seems that the factory is woried about durability. Maybe they didn't make em right.

What the configuration from the legal version is, time will tell, if it ever exists. If you want one, buy a corsa and find a way to get it legal on the road.

Depending on where you are that can be impossible. Then just look at it.

The reason for the delay, as I hear it, is that they did have a reliability problem in the cylinder heads. This would be the Corsa model, of course. They actually had the bikes crated to ship to the USA and then uncrated them all to check and/or modify all the cylinder heads. The Corsa models are now expected to arrive this month. The exact nature of the problem was not disclosed but I understand it was not catastrophic. I still feel that the Corsa finishing a 12 hour endurance race is all I need to be reassured.

P.S. I have ordered a Corsa and I intend to put lights on it. If it becomes road legal I'll let you all know.

I know Zeb has a punched out 4V motor in his Supertwin, but I'd have to wonder about long-term durability with a 200cc larger than spec motor on the street  :huh2:

To be complete

i actually have 2 dynotec engine ;o))

One in the supertwin, and one in the new daytona rs :wub:

I have met a Guzzilla (name of dynotec big bore engine) owner, it has already done 60 000 km with in 1225 dynotec engine without trouble :bier:

i want one too :) unfortunately i dont live in a state where i think i can get it licensed for on road use. I need to move to nevada or some such other more permissive state :)

i want one too :) unfortunately i dont live in a state where i think i can get it licensed for on road use. I need to move to nevada or some such other more permissive state :)

I don't know what WA is like, but even in gestapo-CA, if you know the right people.... you can get it registered, with some effort.

I believe that technically the G&B bikes can't be registered for road use here in CA(I could be wrong) but I recall the guys at the shop saying not to worry about it...

al

I won't have any problem registering it here in British Columbia. I just have to get proper lighting, signals, horn, and speedometer and then have it inspected by a licenced shop. I may have to put an alternate exhaust silencer on but otherwise it is a straight forward, one off registration.

I have licenced some motocross bikes the same way with no difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This WE was the first time for me with the 1225 engine on the 2 bikes.

The Supertwin settings are not finished & running in is not finished too

As the daytona rs has a already done a lot of kilometers since the big bore engine was done, it will be this one that i use for comparison. :nerd:

The RS get a special kit cam from Dynotec so it is a 136 HP engine. :wub:

It was for the Trofeo Rosso a major italian/european event in France.

Have a look to Paul pictures +++ A friend pictures

A video of the event will be available in the automn.

So i could compare the engine performance against Duc 916/996/998/999 , Aprilia RSV, Guzzi 4v 1000 engine, Benelli Tornado ... :whistle:

None of this bikes could resist to the incredible engine of the Daytona RS.

Only the 998 R was working so strong or nearly.

The bike as a tremendous acceleration, a lot of torque already under 4500 RPM but passes the 6000 RPM you are passing in a new dimension. :xmas:

Everything come so quickly, jumping from a curve to another one. :grin:

It was really impressive, i have so little trouble to deal with all this torque in the curve as i 'm not a racer, only a guy that love to ride strong some time :helmet:

I could pass some guys that where riding more stronger than i in the curves without too many troubles in the straight line.

What a wonderfull time when you see the face of the guy on the Ducatis or the Aprilias when you are flying over them during the pit lane :drink:

I started to fell better the Sunday and could deal a little better with the high torque.

There is a HUGE difference between the daytona rs handling/hability on the track & the supertwin one.

The supertwin was so easy on the track, everything seems natural. Handling, breaking etc ... :wub:

Daytona rs is not a hard bike but you feel that track is not his main purpose,opposite to the supertwin.

With a great rider on they could go really fast both.

Now i m going to made a lot of changes to the daytona for better braking & fork update by one side & surely working on the frame on the other side :food:

Supertwin has the 5 speed box, because during development, the guzzi factory wouldn't let G&B have the gearbox, because it was new. Now without mods the six speed won't fit in the frame.

The Mgs01 was raced this weekend in Brno at teh Ducati speed week.

this is from the Guzzisti site:

Proseguono i test in pista della MGS-01

MGS-01 gooo! Secondo round

Al Ducati Bike Week dello scorso weekend, manifestazione svoltasi a Brno sul circuito che ospiterà la prossima gara del Motomondiale, hanno partecipato due Moto Guzzi MGS/01 che non hanno mancato di dare spettacolo.

All'interno della manifestazione si svolgono diverse gare; nella categoria Open erano iscritte ben due MGS-01: una con in sella Gian Maria Liverani, già reduce della bella impresa di Albacete e l'altra con il tester di Motociclismo Federico Aliverti.

Durante la gara disturbata dalla pioggia le due MGS si sono fatte valere anche nei confronti di mezzi ben più quotati e potenti, concludendo al 3° posto con Aliverti, grazie anche alle gomme rain, e al 4° posto con Liverani, lasciandosi alle spall,e tra le altre, moto come R1 e Kawa Z10R. Al primo posto una Suzuki GSX-R e una Ducati 999R; le quattro prime classificate sono giunte nell'arco di due secondi.

Altro dato interessante è che nella categoria Superbike correva una 999R da Superbike 'vera' del team di Haga, guidata da Dario Marchetti: il tempo migliore sul giro realizzato da questo bolide è stato di soli 2 secondi inferiore a quello delle MGS!

in broken english:

They continue the test in track of the MGS-01

MGS-01 gooo! According to round

To the Ducati Bike Week of the past weekend, show svoltasi to Brno on the circuit that will accommodate the next competition of the Motomondiale, participated two Movement Guzzi MGS/01 that did not be lacking to give show. To the inside of the show they different competitions develop themselves; in the category Open was registered quite two MGS-01: a with in saddle Gian Maria Liverani, already survivor of the attractive enterprise of Albacete and the other with the tester of Motorcycling Federico You. During the competition troubled from the rain the two MGS have make be worth also towards means quite more quoted and being able, concluding to 3° place with You, thanks also to the rubbers rain, and to 4° place with Liverani, leaving itself to the spall, and between the other, movement like R1 and Kawa Z10R. To the first place a Suzuki GSX-R and a Ducati 999R; the four first sorted arrived in the arc of two seconds. Other given interesting it is that in the category Superbike ran a 999R from Superbike 'true' of the team of Haga, driven from Dario Marchetti: the better time on the turn realized from this meteor was of alone 2 inferior seconds to that of the MGS!