MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

Guest chong-chong
You are NEVER gonna be able to buy one for the street.

:homer: Well...I guess I should start looking at an Aprilia Mille then. Too bad. If the MSG\01 was available today, I'd buy it. I have nothing but praises for my LeMans, but I want something a little more sportier for the track. :helmet:

I checked out Ghezzi-Brian's web page, and they have some interesting pictures of the MSG\01 in development stage. Here's the web page:

http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/models_engineering.htm

:o Wow! This is the longest thread I've ever started!

Well...I couldn't wait any longer for the MSG\01, so I bought the a 04 Aprilia RSVR Mille. I think when the street version finally gets here, my Mille will be ready for a trade-in :huh2: . I still have my Le Mans. Don't plan on selling it.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing MANY pre-order ads on cycletrader.com for the MGS, so some dealers are certainly "selling" them... them and Griso as well.

Now whether they actually show up :huh2:

Caveat Emptor :unsure:

Who knows, maybe I'll buy an MGS one day(probably not), but it'll be 5 years after the introduction so I can get a good "depreciated" deal on one :P

I had put aways for the purchase I have decided to keep the 1100 sport and buy a supermotard and do a little racing for fun more than anything else.

yeah, that's it I reckon.

I got a V11 & KTM Duke - it seems like a perfect stable for now.

I tried to be a one-bike-bloke ...did'nt work out...gladly :sun:

A little off topic and a little on topic.

Say you put a downpayment or a deposit on an MGS and it never shows up. Do you get your money back? I would assume so, but it seems like it could get ugly.

J

Guest HDGoose

I just think that Guzzi is chasing the wrong customers. Lets face it, there are 600cc JAP bikes that sell for $6000 that will out perform any new Guzzi. Where Guzzi's excel is not their top speed, or HP numbers, but in the handling and (hopefully) longevity. They don't get boring after 6 months of ownership. The joy of riding is not related to loss of license and possible jail time for one incident . Want to keep a bike for 10 years? Buy Guzzi. Want a bike until the next "latest and greatest" comes out, buy a JAP bike.

Where Guzzi's excel is not their top speed, or HP numbers, but in the handling and (hopefully) longevity

I take it you are suggesting that we make our own choices, correct? I have already made that choice and from what the dealer says so have a lot of other people so I don't believe Guzzi is targeting the wrong people.

Besides - I want a Guzzi with top speed, big HP numbers, handling and longevity!

BIG horsepower is a relative term when associated with Moto Guzzi. Helicopter Jim,didn't you watch Ben Bostrom and Miguel Duhamel kick the fields ass with their Honda 600's in a field of 180 horsepower Yamaha R-1's at Daytona this year.

The MGS-01 makes somewhere in the vicinity of 130 ponies(at best)which is nothing to sneeze at but when confronted with a kid on a properly tuned Honda 600RR you are gonna cry like a baby...trust me. :huh: