Anybody in El Paso, TX?

I've traveled thru there many many times  years ago ,  Great Taco trucks around ElPaso, some of the best anywhere....don't cross the border...Danger.....nice folks at the Big Harley shop there in El Paso if you want to kill some time..overall friendly town.

Their's a guy there in El Paso that is a collector,I don't know who he is but he has had some nice Moto Guzzi's for sale there from time to time..a year or 2 ago he had a beautiful Rosso Corsa listed for quite a while for a great price..Maybe the people at the Harley shop know who he is.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:04 AM, Pressureangle said:

Sooo.... 
Looks like I'll be spending time periodically in El Paso. I imagine the mountains of New Mexico are within day-tripping distance. 
Who's got commentary?

My first recommendation would be to brush up on your Latino Spanish; I was in El Paso earlier on this year on my way back from adjacent New Mexico.

My second recommendation is about the weather; it gets hot there too. Since you are from Florida, I am guessing you are prepared...

If you are Guzzi mounted, staying for week-ends, you absolutely need to go to Alamogordo (NM). The White Sands National Park has been designed with a V11 in mind...

You also have Pistachios and Wine...

Closer to you is Van Horn Texas, gateway to the Guadalupe Mountains National Park.

_DM36592 DSCF1940 _DM36646 DSCF1957

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Excellent! 
If you knew about my pistachio addiction...
We'll be west of the Franklin Range, White Sands/Pistachioland is actually a little closer but both are going to be awesome day trips. Not sure what bikes will end up where, The Himalayan is staying in Texas and I'll probably add another one or something similar for backroading/cow trailing but of course I've always been a pavement hound so who knows. I did spend 7 years in Miami so my Spanish is marginal but improving. For those of you who may follow Itchy Boots on YouTube, I've also been following one of her mentors, Charly Sinewan. He's in all Spanish and given that everything is in context, easy to understand. 

1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

Excellent! 
If you knew about my pistachio addiction...
We'll be west of the Franklin Range, White Sands/Pistachioland is actually a little closer but both are going to be awesome day trips. Not sure what bikes will end up where, The Himalayan is staying in Texas and I'll probably add another one or something similar for backroading/cow trailing but of course I've always been a pavement hound so who knows. I did spend 7 years in Miami so my Spanish is marginal but improving. For those of you who may follow Itchy Boots on YouTube, I've also been following one of her mentors, Charly Sinewan. He's in all Spanish and given that everything is in context, easy to understand. 

I strongly encourage you to take the Pistaccio tour, because you may be interested to understand how they manage to get Pistaccio trees to grow there. It was not a given.

The wine they make (the place is also a winery) is not as remarkable. I still purchased some, and brought back enough Pistaccios to last me for one month after I gave away so much.

There are others point of interest in Alamogordo. The White Sands Park is amazing.... try to stay there at night....

• Like 1