UpMap by Guareschi, an interface and application to connect to supported motorcycles, including Guzzi V7, V9, V85TT

UpMap is a way to customize your ECU. It is not really for us, older Moto Guzzi owners, but a saw that more than a few have other motorcycles, including Ducati.

Guareschi proposes tailor made maps to suit your bike, and exhaust systems. https://store.up-map.it/en/3-maps

I have sent them a request to find out if they were going to make the T-800 interface compatible with the V11 ECUs.

Just for your information. At this time, it is not an alternative to Guzzi Diag for our V11.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, p6x said:

At this time, it is not an alternative to Guzzi Diag for our V11.

I rather suspect that it never will be. A quick glance at the site indicates that they are all about selling maps that they have made, so the "T-800" interface is likely more equivalent to the the IAW Writer tool than to Guzzidiag. If they are (only) interested in selling maps, I don't expect their tool will ever be able to do more than write to the ECU. :huh2:

I hope they haven't pinched the code for the thing from Beard.... :unsure:

17 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I rather suspect that it never will be. A quick glance at the site indicates that they are all about selling maps that they have made, so the "T-800" interface is likely more equivalent to the the IAW Writer tool than to Guzzidiag. If they are (only) interested in selling maps, I don't expect their tool will ever be able to do more than write to the ECU. :huh2:

Their interface do more than just read and write the ECU, which is basically only writing to an EEPROM. Nothing really complicated. I would not think they pinched anything from Beard because Guareschi is a well known outfit, such as Bimota was. 

What I really like is that their interface is Bluetooth.

48 minutes ago, audiomick said:

info@up-map.it

10:12 AM (8 hours ago)

to PiskSix

Buonasera,

i nostri tecnici lavorano costantemente allo sviluppo di nuove mappe per diversi modelli di moto e configurazioni motore, in modo da allargare il più possibile la compatibilità con la piattaforma UpMap.
Le mappe per i modelli menzionati non sono attualmente nella lista delle prossime lavorazioni, ma consigliamo di tenere controllati i nostri canali social e lo store online che sono sempre aggiornati con gli ultimi rilasci.

Rimaniamo a disposizione.
Cordiali saluti,
Giulia

INFO 
UPMAP TEAM
UpMap S.r.l.
Via Alfredo Veroni, 11/A - 43122 Parma (PR) Italy

+39 0521 646083

www.up-map.it | Privacy Policy
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube

I translated that, as I unfortunately don't speak Italian:

Good evening,

our technicians are constantly working on developing new maps for various motorbike models and engine configurations, in order to extend compatibility with the UpMap platform as much as possible.
The maps for the models mentioned are not currently on the list of upcoming work, but we recommend that you keep an eye on our social channels and online store, which are always up-to-date with the latest releases.

We remain at your disposal.
Kind regards,
Giulia

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

So they're working on it, but I don't have great hopes that they will get around to the 20-odd year old V11 models any time soon.

PS: it occurs to me that they may be exploiting the Moto Guzzi MIA functionality (and its equivalent for other manufactureres) to read out things like revs and gear changes. That is, however, communication with the dashboard, as far as I understand it, and not the ECU itself.

Anyway, we'll no doubt see how the product developes, and how successful it will be. :)

• Like 1

Another PS:

I had written another post, but it got lost in the ether because my internet connection broke as I sent it.

The gist of it was, that the bluetooth connection seems to be between the T800 device and the mobile telephone, and perhaps the dashboard. The T800 device itself is apparently connected to the ECU via a conventional OBD adapter, as is Guzzidiag and co.

On the basis of this assumption, I doubt very much that a theoretical version for the V11 models would be able to show things like vehicle speed and gear changes. The more modern models listed in the compatibility lists have dashboards which collect that information, and have a bluetooth capability which is used by the aforementioned MIA application. The V11 models simply don't have bluetooth capabilitly in that regard.

Further to that, I seems that the possibility to download and save the existing map before a new one is installed is not available. That would be a prerequisite for me personally, and if that is not possible, I would stick with the IAW reader and writer programmes. :huh2:

• Like 1

I think the T-800 only communicates via Bluetooth to its Application via your media. It is more modern than connecting through a USB port via a cable. I know that Triumph advertises that you can get your guidance app to display on the dashboard. Like all the modern cars do in the USA. But transmitting in the opposite direction, I am not certain it works. I know that some Ev can transmit information over Wifi to inform you that your charge has completed. But not via Bluetooth.

As for downloading the existing map before you upload a different one, is is compulsory. They would not sell anything if it was not working this way. You need to have the possibility to return to the initial map if needed.

On 10/17/2023 at 7:41 PM, audiomick said:

Further to that, I seems that the possibility to download and save the existing map before a new one is installed is not available. That would be a prerequisite for me personally, and if that is not possible, I would stick with the IAW reader and writer programmes. :huh2:

• Thanks 1