Headlight

Yam350

Hi, I need a new headlight for my 2002 Le Mans. I don’t really want to go with a full led unit so ideally would like a decent quality h4 unit that will fit in the original bucket. I understand the original units are unavailable, and in any case would prefer an upgrade. Lots available on eBay and Amazon etc but from experience don’t give a decent light pattern. Any suggestions?

I’m a bit unclear on your inquiry @Yam350  Is it just a replacement bulb you’re looking for?

If so, some folks here have had good results with products from these guys:

https://vintagecarleds.com

This bulb in particular:    

https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/bulbs-only/vcm3-bulbs-only/

• Like 2

They have the complete 7 inch headlamps as well but I don’t have any experience with them.

They look like quality items too at a raisonnable price.

Would they fit . . .  probably ///  Would it be a direct swap . . . probably not, but with a little ingenuity could be made to work I reckon. 

I would be tempted to try if I needed a replacement, I like the classic look with the modern LED performance. :2c:

FWIW, I tried to install one of those 7" round "Jeep" style sealed LED headlamps in my '03 Lemans.  As I recall, the OE lamp is designed to retain the bezel so, the aftermarket Jeep thing I wanted to install was not compatible with the bezel.  Leave it to MG to take a design that the rest of the world uses and reverse it. Luckily, my '72 Eldo was manufactured pre-bean counter and I was therefore able to pop the 7 incher into that thing and it works great!

Art