"Les Lacets de Montvernier et le Col de la Madeleine" (for the European Guzziste)

p6x

I am not a real fan of those "constant babbling" influencers, especially those wearing their video camera coupled to their heads, granting us those full of jerky movement shots.

But I respect the solo rider and the photography, plus the dream that some of them can inspire. The Tour de France seems to always showcase some of those itinerary; they have for years since the Tour started, shown the "multitude" where to go for a "forget about everything else" motorcycling trip.

Those hairpins would certainly rejuvenate the aging Moto Guzzi V11 rider that sleeps in us....

• Like 4

7 hours ago, p6x said:

I am not a real fan of those "constant babbling" influencers, especially those wearing their video camera coupled to their heads, granting us those full of jerky movement shots.

But I respect the solo rider and the photography, plus the dream that some of them can inspire. The Tour de France seems to always showcase some of those itinerary; they have for years since the Tour started, shown the "multitude" where to go for a "forget about everything else" motorcycling trip.

Those hairpins would certainly rejuvenate the aging Moto Guzzi V11 rider that sleeps in us....

And the lac the Roselend approaching from Beaufort(what she did) and continuing to the Cormet de Roselend is part of the route des Grandes Alpes. Magnificent rides. When sitting good in the saddle you can make it all the way to Nice in a long day. (Or that is what we did when we were younger). In 2021 it took more time when coming back from Mandello >> Col du Tende(gravel) >> Val du Vesubie and further north on same route in the other direction until Briancon.

Really lovely part to ride.

20210914_150623 (1).jpg

Bit dusty on the Col du Tende.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...