Fairing fastener ?

arveno

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where can I get the fairing fasteners?

( Le Mans fairing ) 

the screw that hold it together not the screws that hold it to the fairing frame .

thank you so much 

2 hours ago, arveno said:

All of  them from 1 to 16

That's not much help in trying to help you.

#1, for instance, is the complete fairing. #7 is the windshield. :huh2:

Hmmmm. Looking at the diagram and part #s . I would go to Fastenal and order them . e.g. m6x10mm dia. and 10mm length. The thread pitch I would suspect a regular pitch. I am going to guess these are a button head SS sockethead screw . It would be pricey to get this stuff from MG or a MG dealer. Maybe someone here can help you . All the V11s I am familiar with do not have fairings.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 12:19 PM, gstallons said:

... m6x10mm. The thread pitch I would suspect a regular pitch..

It seems the thread starter has found a solution. In case anyone else stumble across this: yes, the screws holding my Le Mans fairing together are all standard pitch, and I believe they are all M6

49 minutes ago, audiomick said:

It seems the thread starter has found a solution. In case anyone else stumble across this: yes, the screws holding my Le Mans fairing together are all standard pitch, and I believe they are all M6

I have never understood this. M6 fasteners can be 1.00 pitch or 1.25. Both are "standard", yet one is finer and the other coarser . . .

• Like 1

No, as far as I know, the standard pitch for M6 is 1.0. The 1.25 pitch is M8 (and M9, but who uses that?).

To back that up, look here (look for "Steigung"= thread pitch) :

https://www.anzugsmoment.de/gewindesteigung/

https://www.gewinde-normen.de/iso-regelgewinde.html

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrisches_ISO-Gewinde

PS: there are also standards (norms) for "Feingewinde", i.e fine pitch. A quick search indicates that "Grobgewinde" (=coarse pitch) also exists, but that seems to be for things like screws for plasterboard. :huh2:

PPS: "Regelgewinde" means "standard thread" or "thread according to the norm". :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I see M6-1.0 is most common. In fact the repair kit I have for our V11 sump bolts is M6-1.0.

My tap-and-die set has both 1.0 and 1.25 pitch.

16 minutes ago, docc said:

My tap-and-die set has both 1.0 and 1.25 pitch.

Lucky boy. Mine has only the standard pitches.  :(

Why that is relevant: I buggered up the thread for the left mirror on my V35 Imola by running a tap down it and not stopping to think why it was hard work. When I had a closer look at the mirror, I realised it was fine pitch. :wacko:

Fortunately the mirror still screws in and holds, but suchlike is a little annoying. :whistle:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Lucky boy. Mine has only the standard pitches.  :(

Lucky, indeed: my (late) sister worked for Irwin Tool in account management. An era of fabulous birthday presents! :sun:

• Haha 1