Seepage between cylinder head and head; both sides. Common? what gasket do you recommend?

p6x

I noticed the color between my cylinder head and cylinder changing from aluminum to oily brown;

It is oil wet, so I need to change the gasket on both sides. There were no traces when I purchased the bike, and it only started to appear. Is this one of the common problem? 20 years old gasket, it almost seems normal.

Are there any specific good quality gasket you'd recommend?

Le Mans cylinder head seepage

There are o-rings between the rocker arm assy. and the cylinder head that are hard , brittle and no longer doing what they are supposed to do . Look at a parts catalog and you will find them . Replace them and perform a valve adjustment while you are into it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Order plenty , they are not expensive.   Is it #16 or #21 ? Whatever it is , they are difficult to dig out .My vision is blurry right now

Thank you Docc for the technical support .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

Order plenty , they are not expensive.   Is it #16 or #21 ? Whatever it is , they are difficult to dig out .My vision is blurry right now

Ah, yes: #16 x 2 (one per head?) and #21 [O RING-VITON (#90706094)] x8 (four per head?) . . .

The #16 is the likely culprit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

I have an o'ring pick. This is a survivor of my oilfield days, and a gift from a dentist. You can also use a scribe to dislodge them.

Here's the spare part nomenclature. Unfortunately, the description seems to be incorrect for both item #16 and #21.

I should order them from MGcycle, measure them, and purchase them directly from Parker...

https://www.allorings.com/Metric-O-Ring-Size-Chart

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4830

https://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1382

V11 Cylinder Head and Valves spare parts nomemclature

Whew , it was a long time ago . Joe Eish stopped me from buying a head gasket for my SE and sold me o-rings instead . 25 or so years ago. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Whew , it was a long time ago . Joe Eish stopped me from buying a head gasket for my SE and sold me o-rings instead . 25 or so years ago. 

You just did the same for me....

• Like 2