Where's the left cylinder fuel injector?i

Guest Jay Mack

Guest Jay Mack

It is easy to locate the blue spring clip of the fuel injector on the right cylinder of my Bassa. There is no coresponding left cylinder spring clip fuel injector. Where's the fuel injector for the left cylinder? What am I missing?

:doh:

The blue spring clip appears to attach to the cylinder temperature sensor. Look further back near the throttle bodies for the green spring clip connectors.

:unsure:

After long hours with the lazer I decided not to take the bike to Computrack. After adjusting the swingarm, I got the alignment to within 1mm. Then I spent three more days putzing around with the rear subframe trying to be sure it is straight.

With the bike torn down this far it's tempting to do some mods while it's all easy to get to. Tomorrow I'll call RaceTech and FBF.

Looking back at the picture , the frame does look bent! Now I won't be able to sleep! :blink::blink:

Guest Jay Mack

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Docc, I can't believe how thoughtful you are to go to the trouble of giving me a photo that explains it to me. Thank you so much.

I love motorcycle people.

Oh, one more thing. THis is a new tank to me. I need to lift it. I see the bolt in the rear that goes through the document tray. What else do I do to lift the tank?

Thanks again.

:luigi::luigi::luigi:

Not much- that's the only bolt that holds the tank on. Here's what I wrote in an earlier thread

... There's no need to drain the tank, but put a piece of soft cardboard or cloth on the ground to lay the tank on. I also put a 2X4 under the back of the tank (when it's off) to keep it up off the hardware. Anyhow, loosen the bolt at the back of the tank, under the seat. Careful not to drop the nut- it's a weird one. Lift up the tank a little, 2-5" or so (a piece of wood can be used to prop the tank up), and reach up and pop off the two rubber lines that go up the center line (vents). If you have an electric petcock, then disconnect the electric connector, also the fuel sensor, both are on the left side. Then just lift the tank back, up and off. A Lemans might be a bit more cramped, this is what I do on my sport. 5 minutes, tops- 10 the first time.

Guest Jay Mack

:blush::blush::blush:

Probably just shim it up enough to get at the injectors. I doubt that I need to actually lift it off and remove it.

Still, I appreciate jrt's thoughts as to how that's accomplished. I don't think I would like to start pulling and disconnectinng those lines going into the tank as he directs, for fear I would precipitate a major ecological disaster.

So, what I mean is, shim it up enough to get at the fuel injectors.

Also, what I might really need to do, instead of lifting the tank, is to remove the chrome-colored plastic throttle body covers. Do they just snap off and snap on?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

:blush::blush::blush:

Probably just shim it up enough to get at the injectors. I doubt that I need to actually lift it off and remove it.

Still, I appreciate jrt's thoughts as to how that's accomplished. I don't think I would like to start pulling and disconnectinng those lines going into the tank as he directs, for fear I would precipitate a major ecological disaster.

So, what I mean is, shim it up enough to get at the fuel injectors.

Also, what I might really need to do, instead of lifting the tank, is to remove the chrome-colored plastic throttle body covers. Do they just snap off and snap on?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I guess it depends on what you are trying to do :huh2:

If you let us know what your goal/project is, we might be able to give you some suggestions on alternative approaches.

But WRT the tank, the Bassa/Jackal/EV(fuel-injected) models is connected the same as the Sport tanks.

Yours, being a 2000, has the external fuel-pump/regulator. So as long as you close the petcock(there's nothing to "close" on the regulator side), you can pull both fuel lines and there will be no leaks. Now, the lines will drain a bit of fuel after disconnecting, but the tank will not leak. And the vent/drain lines just pop off, with no risk of leaking. ...then just lift the tank off ^_^

Just follow Jason's directions, and the tank will lift right off. It's super easy :thumbsup:

al

Guest Jay Mack

:luigi::luigi::luigi:

Well, what I'm doing, al, in addition to trying hard not to offend Todd, who has been so helpful and generous with invaluable suggestions and information and willingness to help, though, technically, 'in the business', so to speak, of selling the Power Commander, which is a wonderful product developed by Mark Dobeck and very well suited to it's application, but costs quite a bit and requires downloading and computers and maps, is to install the Techlusion Power Box instead, also developed by Mark Dobeck, with whom I have had many satisfactory and enlighteneing conversations subsequent to his selling Dynojet and starting with this new invention which costs significantly less and is less complicated and load based and easily adjustable and set with a small screwdriver and with which I have had several prior experiences on my BMWs, of an entirely satisfactory nature, (well, that first one was a bit of a problem, i guess it was my own fault), and which is particularly user-friendly now since it comes with a harness that just plugs into the MG injector spring clips, which is why I, er, need to know how to get at the injector spring clips, that is, without offending Todd.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Guest Brian Robson

jaymack I don't know what could be easier than using a powercommander it is so easy and if you find it hard to use you must need directions to zip up your pants in the morning I don't think that Todd will be offended but you will find several opinions on this site about the techclusion and none of them positive yet everyone is happy with their PC and those who bought it from todd spend very little time getting it right but hey of course you will do what you want and good luck to you and I am writing this while holding my breath which is not what you will do waiting for help from todd but why would you help anyone who provides crap loads of help and knowledge on this site and seems like a nice guy to boot but then I am sure you are also yeh right <_<<_<