Where's the left cylinder fuel injector?i

Guest Jay Mack

:luigi::luigi::luigi:

Well, what I'm doing, al, in addition to trying hard not to offend Todd, who has been so helpful and generous with invaluable suggestions and information and willingness to help, though, technically, 'in the business', so to speak, of selling the Power Commander, which is a wonderful product developed by Mark Dobeck and very well suited to it's application, but costs quite a bit and requires downloading and computers and maps, is to install the Techlusion Power Box instead, also developed by Mark Dobeck, with whom I have had many satisfactory and enlighteneing conversations subsequent to his selling Dynojet and starting with this new invention which costs significantly less and is less complicated and load based and easily adjustable and set with a small screwdriver and with which I have had several prior experiences on my BMWs, of an entirely satisfactory nature, (well, that first one was a bit of a problem, i guess it was my own fault), and which is particularly user-friendly now since it comes with a harness that just plugs into the MG injector spring clips, which is why I, er, need to know how to get at the injector spring clips, that is, without offending Todd.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Jay,

I just purchased a 2000 Jackal (same as your California Sport) and I must say that the PCIII transformed the bike!

The cold blooded bike was transformed into just apply the fast idle lever and crank and over and it would start with out the crank, crank cough and spudder.

The low throttle opening surge,surge, surge is completely gone, the roll on at highway speeds is very smooth and you do not have to down shift as with the stock mapping. The bike just feels better at all speeds and rpm ranges. Try it and you will be at bless (with the right mapping). :thumbsup:

Mike

Dan,

I just rode through Lincoln Nebraska last week from Iowa City to California. The ride through the mid west was much nicer than the ride through california on Interstate 5. The mid west does have more bug splat and more deer casings on the side of the roads, but it is green and do have some turns and very slight elevation gains. Now the thunder storms are a different story!

Mike

Mike, It sounds like you went through the correct way. Off of the Interstate. Too many people go through here only on the slab and it is BORING. :bbblll: Hope you were able to go through the Sand Hills. Very unique. Not really hills. They are actually stabilized sand dunes. Next time you are in the state, let me know. Usually have a home brewed IPA or two. :bier: Later, Dan

Guest Jay Mack

Brian, I'm surprised that you sound personally offended by my purchase of the Techlusion. It works perfectly, I just took a test ride, and costs hundreds of dollars less. It IS simpler, and more flexible, to boot.

Now, I hadn't mentioned why I was asking about locating the injector plugs. Al wanted to know and I responded in a way that I hoped would be humorous.

Also, saying 'you must need directions to zip up your pants in the morning' and 'seems like a nice guy to boot but then I am sure you are also yeh right ' is a personal attack which is prohibited by the rules of the board.

I'm not sure if the rules are enforced, but the only provocation was my reasonable choice in buying a motorcycle product, and discussing it on this site, which is appropriate.

Oh, Brian always sounds like that. It's the menopause thing. If it makes you feel better here are the periods he's no longer using: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And seriously, thanks for keeping us up on what you're doing. Some people seem to like PCs, some no. Some people get the perfect map and some , no. While the interfaces with the ECU continue to evolve i think it benefits us all to stay aware and open minded.

:bier:

Guest Brian Robson

Its called irony Jay, well mined up here in the north but obviously in short supply further south. B)B)

As for the personal insults...yer kidding surely. Hell, I was called a fascist right wing, CIA supporting a%3*@*^ back in the days of Enzo. So what.

If it were any different to what I would say to your face I would apologise.

But it isn't, so I won't.

And people ask why I ride on my own :helmet::helmet:

So Brian - you and Gord Hill must get along very well. Oh and another thing, if you are riding an Italian bike wouldn't you be a fascisti?

I also would like to hear about the Techlusion module. We are using them on our Kawasaki race bikes (ZX6RR) because they are cheap and easy to adjust the STOCK map. We have had lots of trouble with it when we stray farther from stock. I think it is because it is too simple. Perhaps it will work well for adjusting stock or fairly stock Guzzi's and the complaints are from more modified Guzzi's.

Well, what I'm doing, al, in addition to trying hard not to offend Todd, who has been so helpful and generous with invaluable suggestions and information and willingness to help, though, technically, 'in the business', so to speak, of selling the Power Commander, which is a wonderful product developed by Mark Dobeck...

I'll just step in to set the record straight. Mark Dobeck did *NOT* design any part on/of the PCIII, nor any part of it's technology. He did help to develop the PCII, sensor offset (fooling the ECU) technology, which was quickly abandoned by Dynojet after he was asked to leave.

The Tech(nical Il)Lusion box is a very simple and crude means of metering a very precise fuel delivery system. I won't tell you not to buy one, but I will be here when you are ready to purchase a PCIIIusb when you get tired of tinkering after no real results.

As I write, I'm here in Danbury, CT, and after spending a good part of the afternoon tinkering with a (highly documented) TechLusion'ed 4v Centauro, on a brand new 250i load-cell air/fuel dyno... what was learned? It ran better with it completely removed. More to come later on this.

Helicopter Jim, what level of racing are you doing on the ZX6RR? I recommend you go to the next AMA National and watch how many of the top 600's & Superbikes are on the "Dynojet" dyno, every weekend. Come to think of it, I saw Tommy Lee Hayden's ZX6RR at Laguna Seca, on it several times during the weekend.

As always, my $.02,

Todd

PCIII Certified Tech

p.s. I "sell" and am a certified technician for the PCIII, because it is a product that works. Period.

p.s.s. Thanks to all those who have posted kind words towards me, but I'll relay those words to the product, not I.

Since Kawasaki was mentioned above(by reference to the ZX6), this just in:

Kawasaki Recalls ZX-10 Due To Front Wheel Failures

Kawasaki is recalling the ZX-10R and advising owners NOT TO RIDE until they have had their front wheels replaced.

:huh:

.... is the wheel different on the 6? :huh2:

:unsure:

al