Oil Temperature

O2 V11

Would you concur then, Dr. Belfast, that ......... is merely a transitory experience without end?

Well of course yes – until a break occurs.

And as I have said elsewhere, everything breaks in the end.

That, you can count upon.

Guest Roadslayer

Attention,belfastguzzi. You failed to mention the word heterogenious or however it's spelled, to the members. An intelectiual needs to throw that word into a conversation to thoughly confuse the rest of us. Please do more so. Thanks. "Cheers" roadslayer

or however it's spelled

yes, no need to worry, you are quite correct. It's is indeed the proper spelling of it's. Unless you meant it, in which case leave off the 's.

Guest Jeff Kelland

Well, now that you boys are done with your cosmic (comic?) sidetrip through evaporative physics. :D Water, unfortunately, cannot evaporate out of the oil it condensates into. Free water is heavier than oil so it can't get out when it's sitting. Water that has mixed with oil i.e. emulsified, can't evaporate through the oil molecules on its surface. That tan colored glop that is so hard to get rid of is oil and water mixed. If we raise the temperature to boiling, 212f at mean sea level, the water is turned to steam. Steam can get through the oil, and then, as free water vapor, it can get out of of our breathers. Ideally, oil temp should run just over 212f. at some point in the engine. :luigi:

the word heterogenious

is spelled heterogeneous

...unless we are talking about a very smart English straight guy :rolleyes:

:lol:

P.S.

I know the Brits don't spell it that way, but they sure do love to throw an "extra" U here and there in "or" ending words... sooo :rolleyes: