Dyno confusion...

staedtler

well, soon i'm getting pipes filter, pcIII. the works...and i'm going to get a map done at this place AF1 Racing in Austin...now, what is this guy rambling about? should i bother...

or just download a map somewhere? :huh:

one last thing,...has anybody used those guys at AF1? because i'm a phonecall away to set them up.

Dyno cofused

anyone outthere knows what's going on... thanks

My opinion is "don't sweat the final HP/Torque figures" so much, instead using the dyno as a tool to fine-tune how well, and for what goals, you want the bike to perform.

As the stats from one dyno to another can vary widely, it also makes sense to stick with one dyno for these purposes. Moving from one dyno to another, even the same make/model, can invalidate the comparitive value of the outcome, as the baseline will not be static and reliable.

In the end though, you can probably get a generally accurate idea of HP/Torque after several runs, again, on the same dyno though.

al

well, soon i'm getting pipes filter, pcIII. the works... and i'm going to get a map done at this place AF1 Racing in Austin...now, what is this guy rambling about? should i bother... or just download a map somewhere?

anyone outthere knows what's going on... thanks

Hey staedtler,

If I'm not too late... if you are doing common mods that maps are available for, you simply have to check/verify your TPS voltage to the map that was built... this will put you in the ballpark, and generally has made many people very happy.

If you are doing something unique, you will definitely need the custom map.

Either way, time on the dyno is well worth it. Whether it be a spot-check, or full custom mapping.

Don't expect any big power gains on top though... the PCIII shines in lower/partial throttle settings, and will make your bike run the best it ever will.

For facts that apply to the V11S as well, check this out;

http://www.guzzitech.com/EVPower-Todd_E.html

Other questions, feel free to ask me direct.

Todd@GuzziTech.com

Certified PCIII Tech

I'm actually hovering on the verge of making the same mods to my bike. I happened to be at the dealers last Friday (wondering why it has taken eight weeks to get a new speedo cable - the other one snapped 475 miles into the new bike) and he was recommending (not surprisingly, I might add) the factory titanium pipes and matching computer – I guess they run somewhere around $1000 installed. He runs them himself and even though they don’t give much more horse power, they do apparently give a nice curve right across the rev band.

Most talk in this forum revolves around the Mistral / Stucchi / Power-Commander combo’s. Has anyone tried the basic factory offering?

Cheers

Phil

...and he was recommending (not surprisingly, I might add) the factory titanium pipes and matching computer – I guess they run somewhere around $1000 installed. He runs them himself and even though they don’t give much more horse power, they do apparently give a nice curve right across the rev band.

Most talk in this forum revolves around the Mistral / Stucchi / Power-Commander combo’s. Has anyone tried the basic factory offering?

Hey Phil,

Of the several "Race" ECU/Ti kits I've seen on the dyno, they are all very much in need of a PCIII. Keep in mind that most of this "performance" OEM stuff is built (mapped) in Europe... which their fuels are WAY different then U.S. Spec. Basically this applies to even a bone stock bike.

PCIII's have a race-proven heritage now (Top 5 AMA Superbike Teams this year), and are not a gimic. Stop in and see John T (Dyno-Solutions.com) at Cliff's BMW for a test run to see what it'll do for you.

E-mail me direct if you have any additional questions,

Todd@GuzziTech.com

Certified PCIII Tech

Has anyone tried the basic factory offering?

Phil

36103[/snapback]

I have the factory Ti set up as you mention. I love the sound, the looks, the weigth savings. Was the race ECU the cat's meow? No, it also had a 3000 rpm stumble like my OEM ECU had, and didn't seem noticable stronger. My dealer had tuned the stumble out of the OE ECU, so I put this one back on on to use with the Ti kit.

I'm curious on what difference a PC + good dyno work would make. Maybe I'll add one next summer, if I decide to go to K+N pods (I love that look also). For no she runs just right for me. Anyone recommend a DC/Balto area shop for Guzzi work?

Thanks Todd,

I met John a couple of weeks ago at Marcus Dairy and his bike definately rocks. For the extra $250 custom map / dyno work, I'm pretty much convinced that the Power-Commander setup is the way to go - I just thought it worth asking the question anyhow.

Thanks for the insight.

Cheers.