rossopuro sliders

stormsedge

Was lucky enough to get to Italy a few weeks ago and engaged a friend to track down Rossopuro slider/cylinder protectors (MT1003S) for me. Recv'd them today and I am happy to say that they are very well made and finished. Look like they are machined from solid stock (weight may make it aluminum) with teflon sliders. Very nice replacement for the cast thingie that Mama Guzzi sent out the door. Right side went on in less than five minutes with liberal blue locktite...will put left on over weekend. k

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MotoMessiah
Was lucky enough to get to Italy a few weeks ago and engaged a friend to track down Rossopuro slider/cylinder protectors (MT1003S) for me.  Recv'd them today and I am happy to say that they are very well made and finished.  Look like they are machined from solid stock (weight may make it aluminum) with teflon sliders.  Very nice replacement for the cast thingie that Mama Guzzi sent out the door.  Right side went on in less than five minutes with liberal blue locktite...will put left on over weekend.  k

36251[/snapback]

Pics, pics.... :food:

I want some!! Time to get the credit card out again!

:food:

36270[/snapback]

I managed to drop my Scura at the front of my gate when I was about to open it. Freaking embarassing, but nobody saw me :homer:

That liltte f... up set me back a new spark plug + cover as well as the cosmetic damage on the rocker cover.....

A crash thingie like the one showed is definitely worth every penny.

Søren

• 1 month later...

Just fitted my lovely new crash mushrooms which arrived this morning from the Firestarter garage.

Piece of cake to fit and they look pretty strong- although there is only one real way to test them!

Although they protude a couple of inches from the cylinder head, the bike is no wider overall as they stick out to the same level as my Mistral silencers.

If you are buying from outside Italy you need to use Paypal but they are shortly to amend the website so you can buy direct with your credit card.

Here is a pic.

I ended up emailing them at info@rossopuroitalia.it and asked in English whether I could buy over the phone with my credit card.

Paolo who writes good English (not sure about Welsh though!) asked me to send money via Paypal which is a bit of a pain cos it takes a couple of days of fiddling about to get through all the security checks if you need to set up a new account, but I persevered and they took about 10 days to arrive via UPS. The good thing is that they sold them to me net of Italian VAT which knocked a few bob off the price.

Hopefully when they change the website so you can buy online it will make things a bit easier.

Regards

Guy :race: