rossopuro sliders

stormsedge

These are an interesting product, but frankly(just from appearances) if they are to perform the role of actual sliders, versus something cosmetic.... I think they would need some additional reinforcement over the top of the valve cover.

It might not look pretty, but an additional brace or two up and over the cover would keep the slider from leveraging upward and breaking off in the event of a real dump. With the leverage created by the large slider, I would think the lack of said reinforcement would make this slider twist up, break it's bolts, and fail.... :huh2:

That's just an observation based on no actual testing though... so take it with the appropriate grain of salt :D

I agree that something akin to the sliders at G&B would seem to be more appropriate for the standard mounting arrangement, with regard to durability, etc...

al

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, if you think there might be a leverage problem with these, you should see the fancy L&S(?) ones I bought (ultimately by mistake) for my Triumph Speed Triple. A crash pad on a 3"+ "stalk" on a 90 degree bracket projecting the thing 21/2" out from its mountings!! Expensive though they were, I ditched them in favour of R&G's more agricultural direct mounts (which have the added advantage of being brillinat knee rests when braking hard!!).

The RP construction looks pretty solid, and I would assume (not with any expert ability though) that the bolt would fail before the actual bracket bent.

Ty Croes is about 5 miles from me, so when she's actually got some miles on we'll have a tootle!!

39088[/snapback]

Sounds good! It is one of my favourite circuits- a bit like a mini Philip Island with the spectacular background of the sea, plus the added bonus of mountains.

Good testing ground for doorstoppers!

Guy

I hate buying from Italian sites that don't know English. - And then the Paypal hassles. Does ANYONE know where to get sliders using a credit card? This really can't be do difficult to fashion. Hell, I bet I can make up a few that will work. Anyone interested?

Too bad there are not a million V11s out there. I already have several custom pieces that are tried and proven......tooo bad.

For those of you who manage to purchase the RP sliders. I had to tighten the bolts that hold the slider mushrooms on after the bike set out for the first cold night (below 40F). Apparently the teflon contracts quite a bit in the cold. Just a tip so you don't shake one off. Keep smiling. k

I hate buying from Italian sites that don't know English. - And then the Paypal hassles.  Does ANYONE know where to get sliders using a credit card?  This really can't be do difficult to fashion.  Hell, I bet I can make up a few that will work.  Anyone interested? 

Too bad there are not a million V11s out there.  I already have several custom pieces that are tried and proven......tooo bad.

39159[/snapback]

Paypal uses credit cards(as well as balance transfers).... I love Paypal :D

It just doesn't get any easier :thumbsup:

Done!! They do look a bit "fugly", so I'm going to mod them by removing the white "bobbins" and replacing with LSL's beatifully machined composite "mushrooms". now I need a lathe for Chritmas!!! If it works, I'll show you!

Nadolig Llawen Iawn i chwi gyd, a Blwyddyn Newydd Da!!

Assume its Goose for dinner tomorrow then!

PS thanks for the PMs re torque: :xmas: 10Nm it is. :xmas: