What's it worth

windchill

At long last, my V11 LeMans is ready for collection!!

Four months off the road in its first year, and only 1200 miles on the clock!

As I have lost faith in this bike, I thought I'd trade it in, after all, how much can an almost new £7500 bike loose in a year? The ansewr is one hell of a lot!!

Best trade-in offer I've had is £4250!!. Given that I paid £6999 for the bike, that equates to £2.29 per mile, or £305.00 for each of the 9 months its been available to use!!!

On the other hand, my 1994 M Triumph Daytona 900 still books at £3000 ish!!

Looks like I'm stuck with it!

Well you can buy a brand new Le Mans for £6495 in my local dealer. I have seen some secondhand Le Mans stuck in dealers showrooms for a long time if they are advertised at too high a price so the £4250 does not sound too bad depending on how much you are paying for the new bike you are looking to buy.

Are all the problems sorted now? If so why don't you keep it and learn to love it!

What are you thinking of swapping it for?

Regards

Guy

Here in Canada the Hinckley Triumphs resale value can be described one way; crash and burn! While the Guzzis, because of their rarity by comparison, seem to be retaining their value quite well thankyou.

Sounds like you've has some bad luck with it. What happened with it since you bought it?

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest dkgross

the only way I'm going to get any $$ for my bike is to find someone in the Seattle/Vancouver area that hasn't done a bunch of mods, and give them a hell of a great deal on all MY aftermarket things (Stucci Xover/Guzzi Ti Pipes/Ferraci airbox/Rich's seat/larger windsheild/PCIII,...), and turn my bike back into as close to stock as possible.

or just keep it.

:)

Now that is herecy!!!

Al, it was the "spring thing"!!

Suppose I have not got much choice now, I'll keep it, b ut not sure I can lurve it!!

37198[/snapback]

Don't feel bad...I just bought a 2000 v11 sport three weeks ago and it's already broke down on three seperate occasions!!!!!! last the headlight went blank and as of yesterday the battery is flat?????not a happy camper.... :(

Guest dkgross
just keep it AND buy the goddamed yamaha for fecks sake :)

37180[/snapback]

hahah :) or YOU could buy my bike for your lovely lady....give me an excuse to ride down that way....hint hint wink wink.

:)

Guest dkgross
Come on Dave, you've got nothing to complain in that department...  :rolleyes:

37228[/snapback]

hehe..no..my lovely lady does just fine on here new bike (She LOVES her V-Strom).

I really WANT to give someone on this list in my area a GREAT DEAL on all my accesories!! SURELY someone here needs the goodies!?!?!!!?!