MG Ti cans/ECU kit

Baldini

Noticed in pic of Ti kitted bike posted on "V11 Sport" (Fox) thread - ECU has sticker on it saying MG (?) RACING. Mine has MG CALIFORNIA S sticker. I figured it was just Guzzi bodge & didn't pay it much attention. Bike runs OK. But now wondering if I've got correct ECU? What's yours labelled?

Thanks, KB :sun:

Oops - guess this should be in technical - sorry Jaap :blush:

Noticed in pic of Ti kitted bike posted on "V11 Sport" (Fox) thread - ECU has sticker on it saying MG (?) RACING. Mine has MG CALIFORNIA S sticker. I figured it was just Guzzi bodge & didn't pay it much attention. Bike runs OK. But now wondering if I've got correct ECU? What's yours labelled?

Thanks, KB :sun:

Oops - guess this should be in technical - sorry Jaap :blush:

37503[/snapback]

There was a link here somewhere to a post on Wildguzzi and somewhere in or around it there was mention of one of the MG 'sports' or 'race' ECUs – sorry the detail is so sketchy, but what I remember is that when they used test equipment on the ECU, it gave exactly the same results as the 'standard' unit. Their conclusion was that there was no difference between the 'race' unit (to go with sports pipes) and the standard one.

So, you never know – the V.11 Ti kit ECU may just be the same as the one that was in the bike in the first place :huh2: ?

As a matter of interest, what about swapping your ECUs over to see if there is a noticable difference?

what about swapping your ECUs over to see if there is a noticable difference?...

I'll do that... (if I can get out between the rain cleaning the salt off the roads :homer: & the next lot of both :homer: ... & before I pull the suspension off to get it revalved :homer: ...so maybe next May :rolleyes: )

Thanks BFG :bier: KB

I like this new fella too - :bike: + :drink: = :race: ?

Guest rrbasso

I just got a kit today ! I searched for a part # none to be found, I hope its the right one for my bike, the new brain has on it (KIT RACING) (TITANIO) on the top is that the sticker your asking about ?

Thanks Tony, sounds right - anyone else? I suspect I've been supplied w/wrong ECU.

KB

37575[/snapback]

As rrbasso says, my Ti exhaust kit came with the same "TITANIO" label/sticket on it. For what it's worth, I ran this one for a week or two, but switched back to my stock one. When I take the bike in for it's 6K service I might have them reinstall it and see if they can make it work any better.

Guest rrbasso

Wow, that is strange, I put my pipes on and pluged the new brain in and my bike RUNS SOOOO GREAT !!! I meain the power increse is wounderfull, but what really blew me awey was how the bike smothed out in all gears its really feels like its finaly running like it was ment to. :helmet:

Tony

Had this from supplier:

"The underlying chips are all identical, so we think that they are pre-labelled, and if they were out of V11 chips then they'd just use the California chips with the V11 programme, without changing the label.."

This is something like I thought when I got the kit, but after seeing these special "Racing" "Titanio" stickers I'm not so sure. Pos relevant is a small dab of yellow paint on sticker? Bike runs good, but I'm no set up expert & not sure if it's as good as it should be (ie w/correct ECU). Any comments?

Thanks, KB.

Keith - what was wrong when using kit ECU?

Tony - :thumbsup:

Took it out today & swapped over ECU's a few times. No big differences, but bike runs noticeably smoother on original V11 ECU. It's a bit "lumpier" with kit one (marked California S) esp below 2.5K revs. Both pull cleanish thru to red line. Did a few runs over same distance, seemed about same - dunno any other way. Power felt similar.

If kit ECU was correct one I'd expect bike to run noticeably better with that one fitted - right?

KB

Noticed in pic of Ti kitted bike posted on "V11 Sport" (Fox) thread - ECU has sticker on it saying MG (?) RACING. Mine has MG CALIFORNIA S sticker.

The ECU in my Rosso Corsa also has a sticker saying it's for a California Model. The factory put a second, selfmade looking, sticker over the first one. It says V11 2003 CAT....

The ECU hardware (IAW15M w/o Cat. or IAW15RC w/ Cat.) ist always the same. Only the fuel-/ignitionmaps are different.

Holger

I think the key is the new brain or ECU has to have on it (KIT RACING) (TITANIO) ...

Tony,

I'm not sure. I think most of difference may be in cans w/ECU tweaking it. I'd love to know how yours runs with just Ti cans using std V11 ECU....

KB